Retail Store Manager
L.L.Bean Shops at Don Mills , is now hiring a Store Manager!
We are looking for a Store Manager who will be responsible for driving business results, developing talent and ensuring delivery of the legendary L.L.Bean customer experience. The successful candidate will communicate and drive Retail strategic initiatives as well as be accountable for profit and loss performance. They will promote the company's core values of Outdoors Heritage, Integrity, Service, Respect, Perseverance and Safe and Healthy Living to ensure the integrity of the brand, culture and mission of L.L.Bean is upheld at all times.
L.L.Bean has something for anyone who wants to build a successful career. Love of the outdoors is a common thread among our employees, whether they enjoy active outdoor interests or more casual, relaxed weekend activities. And we’re as passionate about Retail Stores as we are about the outdoors.
- Drives business results, develops talent and ensures delivery of the legendary L.L.Bean customer experience for assigned outdoor lifestyle concept retail store.
- Communicates and drives Retail strategic initiatives.
- Accountable for P & L performance for assigned store.
- Promotes the company's core values of Outdoors Heritage Integrity Service Respect Perseverance and Safe and Healthy Living to ensure the integrity of the brand culture and mission of L.L.Bean is upheld at all times.
Drives business results in assigned store:
- Sets clear direction and communicates consistent priorities.
- Inspires and guides team(s) to reach goals and achieve objectives.
- Leverages and assigns resources (payroll expenses people) to meet goals.
- Creates a disciplined culture focused on excellence in execution.
- Ensures adherence to all standard operating procedures including Human Resource Management
- Loss Prevention and Safety.
- Ensures asset protection and supply control contributing to profit and loss management.
- Takes personal accountability for individual results and team decisions.
Develops talent in assigned store:
- Sets high standards and clear accountability.
- Develops team to deliver legendary customer service in support of L.L. Bean's Golden Rule and Guarantee.
- Fosters a deep connection between the team and the brand.
- Objectively and accurately assess talent.
- Provides frequent and comprehensive performance feedback (written and verbal).
- Seizes the opportunity to highlight the achievement of others.
- Ensures all leaders address underperformance with urgency and appropriate partnerships.
- Identifies high-potential employees and offers challenging assignments as part of their succession planning and development.
Delivers the L.L.Bean customer experience in assigned store:
- Drives the elevation of GUIDE / Manager On Duty behaviors.
- Holds self and others accountable to L.L. Bean's Golden Rule and Guarantee.
- Ensures store actively promotes Learn Try Buy and Enjoy concept through outdoor discovery school walk-on adventures clinics and demonstrations.
- Uses customer feedback to influence changes that enhance the customer experience.
- Identifies and influences improvements in visual presentation to maximize profitability and results.
- Holds self and others accountable for visual presentation standards.
Health and Safety Requirement: Every employee is responsible for contributing to a safe and healthy workplace. Employees are expected to be active participants in health and safety by following all safety policies and procedures reporting unsafe conditions or at-risk behaviors to leadership and conducting work in a safe manner. Those in a leadership role are also expected to model safe behaviors evaluate risk and ensure that risks are reduced to acceptable levels.
· Minimum 3+ years experience as a Store Manager in relevant traffic volume approx..$ 3 + Million a year and unit intensity location.
· Demonstrated critical leadership behaviors of being strategic and innovative.
· Strong business acumen with the ability to achieve sales and service goals.
· Proven leadership skills with the ability to develop and motivate employees.
· Established time management and organizational skills.
· Established interpersonal written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to build strong partnerships and work collaboratively to achieve goals.
· Ability to balance growth and tradition.
· Ability to travel occasionally between stores and outside of Canada if necessary.
Related keywords: store manager, manager, supervisor, retail
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $1.00-$2.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Retail Management: 3 years (preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place