Position: Remediation Technician
Job No. 2020106 C
Type: Full Time Permanent
Wage and Allowance: Competitive Market Wage and Car Allowance
Other Benefits: 50% Rental Discount, Company Paid Medical Benefits (Dental, Vision and Health Benefits)
Mainstreet Equity Corporation is a distinguished real estate company which is publicly traded on Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX). Its business focus is on acquisition & upgrading of residential properties and managing its own portfolio of over 11,500 residential apartments in six major cities across Canada.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform fire, water, microbial, biohazard and mold remediation, and asbestos abatement
- Identify asbestos and other hazardous materials to be removed, using monitoring devices.
- Safely remove mold and asbestos from apartment buildings using hand or power tools such as scrapers, vacuums, or high-pressure sprayers.
- Assess damage and perform mitigation work
- Comply with prescribed safety procedures, build containment areas prior to beginning abatement or decontamination work, and prepare hazardous material for removal or storage.
- Clean mold-contaminated sites
- Remove damaged or building waste materials from sites.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety standards at all times.
- Removal and installation of blown-in, batting and mechanical insulation
- Removal of drywall and other non-hazardous building materials.
- Completion of all tasks as per company protocols and quality standards.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Must have experience in mold remediation, asbestos abatement,
- Asbestos Abatement ticket/ restoration training/ certificate an Asset
- Individuals with property restoration experience and training are preferred
- Experience in dry-walling, media blasting (Sand/Soda/Dry Ice)
- Knowledge and experience in insulation / construction
- Reasonable level of physical fitness with no health issues that would interfere with the physical demands and conditions of the work environments
- Abide by safety protocols and able to work for extended periods of time in personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Must be comfortable working in confined spaces and heights, hot or cold, wet spaces
- Certifications in WHMIS, Working at heights are preferred
- Familiarity with hand and power tools
- Must have the physical ability to perform all aspects of this job (repetitive tasks, lifting up to 100 pounds, bending, kneeling, reaching, etc.)
- Must possess valid driver’s license and car/truck to use at work
- Must successfully complete a security clearance
How to Apply
Send your resume quoting “ Job No. 2020106- C” in the subject line to our Email address. Visit our website for more information: www.mainst.biz. Although we thank all applicants for applying, only those considered for further discussion will be contacted.
Mainstreet Equity Corporation
Corporate Head Office
305-10 Ave SE
*Mainstreet Equity Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent