***Candidates must be fully vaccinated by October 24, 2021 to qualify***
Hollyburn Country Club is a private family Club that provides its members with an exclusive hub for activity, sport, dining, entertainment, socialization and business. Located in the beautiful British Properties in West Vancouver.
We pride ourselves on the excellent employee experience that we offer and we are firm believers that everyone should enjoy their work. We offer excellent benefit packages for both full and part time employees, employee engagement initiatives (staff events and games), employee recognition programs and development opportunities.
Our Plant Engineering Department is currently recruiting for a full-time Engineering and Building Operator available to work Friday - Tuesday.
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Steve Good, Plant Engineering Manager
Location: Hollyburn Country Club, 950 Cross Creek Road, West Vancouver, BC
· Upkeep and safe operation of an ammonia ice plant and related ice surfaces
· Safe and efficient operation of all building equipment including HVAC, Lighting, Carpentry, Plumbing, Grounds maintenance, etc.
· Safe maintenance and operation of pools and related equipment
· Repair and maintenance all operations equipment such as Zamboni, Olympia, golf carts, mowers, fans, pumps, valves, motors, plumbing, heating, etc.
· Assist other departments members with needs as required
· Minimum Refrigeration Safety Awareness (RSA) but IFO and above preferred
· Pool Operations certificate an asset
· Previous building operations experience an asset
· Proficient use of DDC and building work order computer systems
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds safely
· Must have a good knowledge of English language
· You agree to get a Police Information Check with a vulnerable sector search at your local Police Department immediately upon being hired --- you will be reimbursed for this expense in full
· You currently live the values of the HCC Staff team: being Powered ON or energized at all times; displaying a Service First attitude (excellent customer service skills); and creating FOMO (the fear of missing out) in your daily interactions
· You consistently display evidence of the following key characteristics required for optimal delivery of customer service to members, guests, and staff: (1) enthusiasm, (2) teamwork, (3) initiative, (4) adaptability, (5) empathy, and (6) accountability
· You go above and beyond to demonstrate awareness and understanding of Hollyburn’s aim to deliver exceptional service to its members
· Competitive wages & extended health benefits*
· On-duty staff meals (taxable benefit for full-time and part-time employees only)
· Free on-site parking
· Rewards and recognition programs
· Development and educational opportunities
· Career advancement opportunities
· Seasonal staff team building events & activities
· Exclusive access to Workplace©, our new internal communication tool for HCC Staff
· Staff discount in the Sports Boutique
*PT and FT staff eligible for benefits after passing 3-month probationary review
Sounds like Hollyburn Country Club will be a great fit for you? Apply today!
Application deadline: 2021-10-08
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $22.00-$26.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Hollyburn Country Club is committed to keeping its members and staff safe during Covid-19. The safety and well-being of members and staff is our top priority. At Hollyburn, each department is equipped with it's own Covid-19 training and protocols.
- Building Operator: 1 year (preferred)
- Refrigeration Safety Awareness or IFO (preferred)