BL Debate is seeking to hire an energetic, committed person to teach Debate part-time. The candidate must have experience in teaching high and middle school students. The applicant will be expected to create appropriate instructional plans consistent with the expectations BL Debate has for maintaining a learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential. Applicants must be open to change and possess skills that promote student achievement and growth both in the classroom and the debate team.
Assistant Debate Teacher Responsibilities:
- Maintain the integrity and reputation of BL Debate in the forensic community by teaching and modeling integrity, commitment, and diligence.
- Meet with Director and Debate Manager to review goals for the debate classes
- Submit to Director, upon request, a year-end report including the following:
- List of participants
- Awards and honors received
- Summary of activities
- Recommendations for improvements
- Ensure the safety of students by adhering to both team and general school rules and regulations while on BL Premises, conducting online classes and while traveling.
- Intentional Focus on student achievement
- Grade Student work and maintain/update grades
- Build and maintain positive relationship with students and instructional teams
- Communicate effectively with students, BL Staff and families
- Ability to work outside the normal schedule periodically in collaboration with colleagues Demonstrate competency in integrating technology into classroom teaching
- Strong commitment and desire to work with youth and adults in a collaborative environment
- Enjoy the challenge of implementing new teaching methods and educational tools in an ever changing and strategic environment
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences and establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities
- Ability to utilize technology and integrate the use of technology to instruct and provide feedback on student's performance and development
- Life-long learner, optimistic, flexible, and passionate about helping all students reach their potential
Job Type: Part-time
- Temporarily due to COVID-19