Private practice psychotherapist/social worker
Wellnest provides counselling services in a safe, accessible and culturally responsive environment to optimize the individuals, couples and families in their personal, academic and overall well-being. We strive to enhance services to individuals through collaborative partnerships within our community.
Wellnest is looking for a highly motivated and skilled associate to provide counselling services using an evidence based, culturally competent, trauma informed approach to our clients. The incumbent is expected to demonstrate quality and effectiveness in work habits. Our client’s value personal growth, mental wellbeing, autonomy and work-life balance. At Wellnest, we foster safety, understanding and collaboration and provide this through individual, couples and family counselling. Our staff provides interventions through evidence-based methods of psychotherapy models (CBT, DBT, EFT, Mindfulness, Solution focused brief therapy)
Wellnest is conveniently located at the heart of Downtown Toronto, 5 minutes walking distance from the Eaton Center. This allows for a diverse range of referrals and opportunities for collaboration with a multidisciplinary group of professionals (GPs, psychiatrist, chiropractor, physiotherapist, etc.). Understanding how to provide interventions to minority groups is an interest of our practice.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing clinical counselling and psychotherapy for individuals, couples and families and making referrals to appropriate resources
- Assessing the mental health of clients
- Determining the appropriate level of clinical intervention
- Developing components of treatment plans based on appropriate therapeutic approaches
- Providing case management support to clients requiring the coordination of multiple services
- Leading seminars and/or workshops
- Master's Degree in social work and/or acceptable combination of equivalent experience. Must be in good standing with professional college
- Minimum five years related experience, in a Community Mental Health Setting, performing client intakes/assessments, individual counselling to individuals and psycho-educational workshops
- Extensive experience with mental health concerns, behavioural issues, and conflict resolution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and competency in maintaining confidentiality of client information according to FIPPA and PHIPA legislation
- Respond to new client inquiries in a timely manner and provide an overall excellent level of customer service
- Strong knowledge of community resources
- Demonstrated ability to relate to clients in ways that build confidence and trust
- Able to work in a highly diverse community with individuals from varied backgrounds and a variety of age groups, presenting with a range of difficulties and personal issues
- Good judgment, sensitivity, flexibility, discretion and resourcefulness
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and senior administrators about issues facing individuals in crisis and make recommendations
- Culturally competent, trauma informed counselling experience, life coaching, mindful based therapies and alternative evidenced based therapies
- Experience working with post-secondary students, individuals, couples and families and knowledge of community mental health resources
Notes: Start date of your employment is flexible. Will be hiring until we fill positions. We can work around completion of internships/other type of work you may be presently doing.
Further information about the practice can be found at www.wellnest.ca
Interested candidates can apply with a cover letter and resume. Applications will continue to be collected until the positions are filled.
Thank you in advance for your interest. However, due to the volume of resumes received, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Flexible working hours
- Discounted/free food
- Casual dress
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Salary: $70.00-$95.00 per hour
- Master's Degree (preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings