If you’re a dedicated, enthusiastic, experienced information technology/computing professional, preferably with teaching experience, who believes in the power of sharing your knowledge, motivating others, and putting students first, we want to hear from you!
Robertson College Winnipeg is looking for a talented Network Systems Administration / Network Security Technician Instructor to join the academic team at our Campus.
As an industry-driven college, we prepare students for in-demand career opportunities in healthcare, business, and technology. Responsible for providing high-quality education, faculty at Robertson College are professionals who are committed to enhancing the student learning experience by sharing their real-world knowledge.
In this Diploma Program, students will gain knowledge in areas recognized by industry standards such as Windows, CompTIA, Linux and Cisco, as well as:
- basic concepts of hardware and operations
- how to install, configure and troubleshoot hardware components
- installing common operating systems, understand security concerns of computers and networks
- how to manage operation of IP data networks
- to perform advanced configuration on windows servers / storage management / server data protection / digital rights management
As Instructor you will provide a high-quality academic environment using appropriate teaching and learning techniques in compliance with the college’s policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements. You will be responsible for instructional delivery of assigned course of study including facilitating material, communicating with students, and evaluating activities.
- Previous experience conducting technical training in classrooms or small groups
- Significant expertise in IT Operations and expert experience
- Recent Industry certifications an asset
- Bachelor’s degree or College diploma in Information Technology / Computer Science/Technology and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the field.
- Information Security Professional with significant experience in secure deployment of Hardware, Software and Network
- Effectively communicate technical information to non-technical students improvising curricula and style to meet diverse individual/group training needs
- Must be proficient in teaching Microsoft Applications, Network Configuration, Network and Internet Security, Windows Configuration and Linux
- Making use of new technology such as Online Simulated environment to teach students
- Able to keep IT skills and knowledge up to date
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Proficient TCP/IP networking and networking protocols.
- This role requires experience with successful classroom teaching techniques, delivering technical training for adult learners.
- Planning, preparing, and researching lessons
- Checking and assessing students' work and giving feedback
Please submit your resume and cover letter by March 25, 2019.
We thank all applicants but only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
Education Canada Group and its Robertson Colleges, values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer an inclusive work environment and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Become a valued member of our faculty community at Robertson College and discover a rewarding way to leverage your professional expertise.
Job Type: Part-time
- Information Technology: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Winnipeg, MB (Preferred)