The Alberta Council of Turnaround Industry Maintenance Stakeholders (ACTIMS) comprises of oilsands Owners, heavy industrial maintenance Contractors, GPC/NMC, and the Building Trade Unions in the Province of Alberta.
ACTIMS goal is to ensure that the upcoming turnarounds in 2021 are fully staffed with available qualified, skilled, experienced workers. The projects are:
- Suncor – Fort McMurray
- Syncrude – Fort McMurray
ACTIMS affiliated maintenance Contractors who may be involved in the execution of these turnarounds are:
- Aecon Industrial
- APTIM Services
- Babcock & Wilcox
- CEDA Field Services
- CIMS Limited
- Clearwater Energy
- Edmonton Exchanger
- Mammoet Canada
- Melloy Industrial Services
- NCSG Crane
- TAMS Maintenance
- Worley Industrial Services
Employers mentioned above are looking for certified journeyman trades people in the following classifications for short term work:
- Pipefitter/Steamfitter ($45.79)
- Pipefitter Welder, ‘B’ Pressure/TIG alloy ($45.79)
- Boilermaker ($44.81)
- Boilermaker Welder, ‘B’ Pressure/TIG alloy ($44.81)
- AT Crane Operator - ($42.36)
All workers must comply with on-site COVID safety protocols.
Camp accommodation, meals and travel assistance will be provided.
Details will be provided with a firm job offer.
Successful candidates will be required to register with the applicable Alberta Building Trades Local Union.
- Length of Employment (Approximately 2 to 6 weeks)
- Type of Work – Oilsands Shutdown work
- Hours of Work 10 hour (Day / Night shift)
- Schedule 6 on, 1 off or 12 on, 2 off (May vary in order to comply with COVID protocols)
- Compliance with Drug & Alcohol screening
- Ability to pass pre-qualification weld tests
- Online Employer Safety training
- Valid Photo ID to gain access to site
- Alberta Journeyman Certificate (No photocopies of trade tickets will be accepted. Originals Only)
- Interprovincial Red Seal
- Minimum 3 years’ experience
- Half Mask Fit Test
- ESC (OSSA Regional/BSO/CSO)
- ESC (Fall Protection)
- ESC (Confined Space Training)
For Key Responsibilities and Physical Requirements visit the ACTIMS website
If you are interested in working at any of the upcoming spring turnarounds and you possess the applicable skills, qualifications and experience, please forward your resume by email or by regular mail to the address below:
P.O. Box 76182
Calgary, Alberta T2Y 2Z9
Applicants whose skills, qualifications and experience meet the requirements will be contacted by a representative from one of the above-mentioned companies.
Contract length: 2-6 weeks
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary