Position: Machinist Shop Trainee
Location: Coquitlam, BC
- Exciting opportunity for a motivated individual looking to join a market leader
- Be productive at work every day in a role that combines hands-on precision and pride in your work
- Join a team-based culture and enjoy great benefits, including flexible group extended health, dental and life insurance, health and wellness spending accounts and Group RRSP Matching Program
About the Organization:
Skeans Pneumatic and Automation Inc. is one of Western Canada's leading Pneumatic & Electrical Automation and Compressor Room Systems distributors, with six full-service locations in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
For 50 years, our family owned and managed company has provided automation and compressed air solutions to a diversified industry base across Western Canada.
Whether our clients need a compressed air energy audit, special pneumatic cylinder designs, electric actuation, robotics, optical sensors or machine safety systems, we have the right solution! To learn more about us, please visit our website.
About the Opportunity:
Skeans Pneumatic and Automation Inc. has an opportunity for a Machinist Shop Trainee to join our team in Coquitlam, BC. You will be a valuable contributor to the in-house cylinder production and value-added team. This entry level trades position offers the opportunity to learn from Journeyman Machinists and gain experience working on machines such as engine lathes, drill press, milling machine and cut off saw.
With strong mechanical aptitude and exceptional attention to detail, this position requires the ability to cut and machine parts required for cylinder assembly. The position contributes to adding value for our customers and meeting service timelines on an ongoing basis, as well as adapting to changing priorities.
You will also be required to carry out the following duties:
- Cut barrels, piston rods on bandsaw
- Machine parts
- Paint and prepare cylinders
- Take inventory of raw materials
- Machine and Shop maintenance
- Build value-added packages
- Assist in warehouse and building maintenance
This is the perfect opportunity for a mechanically inclined individual exploring the Machinist trade career path. A Machinist Apprentice will be considered an advantage, as will fluid power and automation/motion control knowledge.
While working both independently and collaboratively with our team, a positive, can-do attitude will set you up for success in this developing role. Sufficient physical strength and stamina to meet the demands of the work, good hearing, good eyesight, manual dexterity and hand/eye coordination are required. Good theoretical and practical mathematical skills and mechanical aptitude are an asset.
Our close-knit team at SKEANS all strive to embody our values of: Integrity, Trust, Knowledge, Respect, Teamwork, Consistency, Family, Commitment, and Fun and ideally our successful new candidate will do the same.
About the Benefits:
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package based on your skills and experience. You will also receive a great range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive group insurance
- Extended group health and dental benefits
- Healthcare and Wellness Spending Accounts
- Group RRSP Matching Program
- Comprehensive internal and external training programs
- Continuing Education support
If you enjoy working in a fun, team-based environment and possess the drive to take on an exciting new challenge - Apply Now!
Job Type: Full-time
- Machinist: 1 year (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)
- Coquitlam, BC (Preferred)
- Machinist (Preferred)
- English (Required)