Reporting to the Supervisor, Early Intervention, is responsible for promoting the development, participation and inclusion of children within the community through education, planning, developing and implementing support plans for infants and young children with special needs and their families in their home.
- Assesses children’s participation, independence and social relationships in daily routines
- Conducts a Routines Based Interview with family and Early Learning and Child Care providers to determine functional outcomes.
- Develops and proposes Individual Program Plans.
- Modifies support plans to reflect child progress.
- Coaches the Early Childhood Educators in identifying and responding to the child’s engagement and participation within daily routines.
- Maintains digital case notes and prepares reports as required.
- Acts as the service coordinator for the family and/or licensed Early Learning and Child Care program, to ensure that other care providers are involved in the planning and implementation of the child’s Individual Program Plan/Family Support Plan.
- Determines whether children and families are appropriate for intervention through routines based interviews and/or service level guide as determined by required criteria outlined in legislation and as per Regional guidelines.
- Makes referrals to and shares appropriate information with the York Region Preschool Speech and Language Program as determined by protocol with Markham Stouffville Hospital.
- Facilitates educational sessions to a variety of audiences or groups to build the capacity of caregivers, and support the inclusion of all children ensuring corporate standards are met
- Advocates for the inclusion of all children in the community and Early Learning and Child Care programs, to maximize participation in all settings.
- Identifies key customer needs, expectations and level of satisfaction on an ongoing basis using sound listening and evaluation methods.
- May be required to work outside of normal business hours to provide education sessions or client support.
- Community College Diploma in Early Childhood Education or related program AND a post diploma Resource Teacher Certificate, as recognized by the Association of Early Childhood Educators of Ontario OR approved equivalent education and work experience.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience working with infants, young children with special needs (birth to age 12) and staff in inclusive settings, including experience working with families in home and/or child care programs, utilizing a family-centred model of early intervention.
- Satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Valid Ontario Class “G” Driver’s licence and reliable vehicle for use on corporate business.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer focus, communication, collaboration and personal ownership.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply online by May 19, 2021. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.