- Caring for up to 12 students independently
- Sanitizing chairs, desks and ensuring that the space is safe before each class
- arriving early to prepare the weekly lesson
- lesson planning before the program begins
- incorporating education, recreation, and healthy snacks into the program
- working with children aged 7-14
- assisting children in homework including topics such as science, mathematics, English, social studies, French, art, etc.
- incorporating problem solving games and exercises to increase students learning in a fun way
- can be positive, welcoming, compassionate, patient, and kind towards children
- ability to multi-task and maintain organization within the classroom
- provide support and guidance to students who are struggling with their academics
Education & Work Experience:
- intermediate understanding of mathematics, science, English, social studies, French, art (university level or graduate with an educational background is preferred).
- has experience working with children in the past
- volunteer work within the Fraser Valley
- Emergency in Childcare First Aid Certificate (Level C/AED)
Contract length: 12 months
Part-time hours: 5-10 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $19.00 per hour
All instructors and students are required to wear a mask throughout the entire duration of the program, with the exception of drinking & eating.
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- teaching: 1 year (preferred)