About NUVO Network….
NUVO Network is a reimagined workspace housing a vibrant ecosystem for entrepreneurship, creativity, innovation, and collaboration. The 150,000 square foot broadcasting and office facility, formerly known as Crossroads Centre in Burlington ON, is a synergetic, secular space connecting entrepreneurs, content creators, and community champions, providing access to state-of-the-art multimedia facilities including podcasting, video production, and recording studios.
The space was consciously developed to provide business owners with unprecedented offerings in a bright, friendly, flexible co-working environment or commercial offices. NUVO Network members can work independently or in shared work environments, while the outside community can take advantage of regular monthly gaming, music and community events, or rent space for everything from conferences to commercials.
Reports to: Director of Events & Marketing
Start Date: Monday, May 6th, 2019
Events Assistant Overview:
Provide tours of the building when required and collect information for internal and external events and productions. Be the keeper of events by assisting with internal and external event calendars and bookings. Be present at events to represent NUVO and promote the NUVO brand.
- Assist in guiding clients through the event planning process: determine requirements, provide recommendations, and liaise with suppliers
- Assist in connecting the client and suppliers, and provide information in a timely manner to Director of Events & Marketing
- Assist in developing event promotion strategies with the Digital Marketing team for
- Assist in coordinating NUVO Network events from inception, idea, delivery and close out
- Assist in identifying the target audience, develop invitations, promotions
- Work towards the outlined budget, breaking down each expense
- Assist with project plans and work back schedules
- Apply for licenses, and coordinate with suppliers when required
Day of events:
- Assist in event supervision on the day of events as required
- Provide event feedback and conduct after-event reviews to improve processes
- All other duties as assigned
Skill and Qualifications
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution preferably in an Event planning related program
- Fun, positive, outgoing attitude to deal with many priorities and often shifting schedules, last minute changes, etc
- Remain flexible for working weeknights and weekends and to be on-site as required for events to address unforeseen complications
- Self-motivated the ability to work independently, and within a team environment with strong follow up, organization and prioritization skills
- Strong office administration and proficient technical skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel
- Confident to network in external events and in promoting the NUVO Company Brand.
- Proactive in dealing with priorities
- Efficient follow-up in a timely manner and can effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Consistent attention to detail, organization, and able to be proactive in anticipating client needs
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and can resolve conflict with ease
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- Events Coordinating: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Burlington, ON (Preferred)