Holland Power Services currently has an opportunity for a highly motivated Lead Payroll Administrator in our Fredericton NB Head Office. HPS is a fast growing company with a bi-weekly payroll of up to 450 employees from across Canada and the US. This role will work within our team of 4-5 payroll & human resource professionals.
As a valued senior member of the Payroll team, you are responsible for the integrity of the payroll information remaining intact throughout the collection, calculation, processing and distribution of both Canadian and US payrolls. You will assist Employees, Management, and outside Government Agencies with their inquiries and requests which includes the reporting, verification and analysis of associate information within the standards of company and legislated compliance requirements. This role has full accountability to ensure that required data, documentation and approvals are received prior to the processing deadline each pay period. The Lead Administrator must manage processing of the submitted payroll for the assigned pay groups, validate the payroll output for accuracy and submit the final payroll for processing through Accounting. Additionally, the Lead Payroll Administrator provides excellent customer service to internal staff, resolves payroll problems, runs routine and customized reports, completes routine filing, and other administrative responsibilities as necessary.
You will also be responsible to identify process improvements to ensure we are continuously improving our service.
- Accurate & timely Canadian and US payroll processing.
- Oversee collection, analyze and verify payroll information
- Process multiple payrolls in a fast paced environment with a high degree of integrity
- Comply with Company Policies and Government Legislation
- Calculate and administer special payments in accordance to Provincial and Federal legislation
- Oversee processing of Record of Employments and final payments to employees
- Verify and balance payroll related remittances.
- Year End Procedures, including T4's, T4A's, T2200’s, W2's, Releve 1's, etc
- Workers Compensation monthly calculations and remittance reporting
- Union calculations and remittance reporting
- Updating and creating pay codes as needed
- Oversee payroll staff of 1-2 team members
- Coach, guide and mentor payroll team members
- Testing various special payments, pay codes, etc as needed
- Discover and correct payroll errors, process adjustments
- Monthly payroll accrual entries
- US payroll journal entry
- Assist Director of Human Resources & Payroll
Education Required: College Diploma, Accounting or Business and/or equivalent on the job experience.
Years of Experience: 2-5 years’ work experience in a high volume payroll environment, preferably in a senior role.
Currently have a professional payroll certification (PCP through the Canadian Payroll Association or proven previous payroll expertise)
Ability to manage tight deadlines and prioritize in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
Robust organizational skills and a heightened sense of urgency
Exceptional computer and systems skills
Experience with Sage50, ADP or Jonas is an asset but is not a requirement.
If you are highly self-motivated, with a strong desire to succeed and enjoy working in a fast paced, multi deadline, team-oriented environment this role may be perfect for you. Please note that due to volume, only those selected for further screening will be contacted
HPS Inc. is committed to fairness and equity in employment and our recruitment and selection practices. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people with disabilities, members of minority groups, members of racialized groups, women and any others who may contribute to the further diversification of our HPS community. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their requirements known in advance when applying through https://hollandpowerservices.bamboohr.com/careers/