Work-Life Balance Never Felt So Good!
Full-time, Part-time & Flex-time House Cleaners Wanted!
Are you looking for a fun place to work, with a flexible schedule and competitive pay?
Then become our latest House Cleaner and live the Merry Maids™ life.
Don’t be fooled by the competition! At Merry Maids, we like to keep everything squeaky clean. This includes being open and honest about what a typical day looks like at our award-winning cleaning company.
With Merry Maids, you get paid all day, we pay for gas and mileage, and we offer true flexible working. We also wash all cleaning supplies for you, take care of the scheduling, and look after customers’ keys too. Are you ready to create brighter days for you and our customers?
- No night, weekend or holiday work
- Use of a company car or paid mileage for a personal vehicle
- Career advancement opportunities
- Full-time, part-time and flex-time positions available
- Medical and retirement plans
- A career and growth-oriented culture
- A caring and supportive team environment
* Benefits Vary by location.
About Merry Maids:
Merry Maids is one of the largest home cleaning companies in the world with more than 900 franchise licenses across North America. The goal of our home cleaning company is to provide our customers with the best possible experience and highest quality service. This way, they can spend more time with family or doing activities they enjoy.
To achieve this, we depend on exceptional teammates, just like you, to be great brand ambassadors that provide outstanding service each and every visit to a customer’s home. Merry Maids clearly understands the value and importance of our teammates, and that investing in them is the first step towards making us a successful company. So, when you join Merry Maids, you are joining a family that cares and values you, 100%.
As a House Cleaner, you are able to tailor a career path that matches your interests and goals. This includes becoming a team captain, trainer, quality assurance supervisor, administration professional or manager. Similarly, if you’re looking for a part-time or flex-time position, becoming a Merry Maids House Cleaner is a great way to supplement your regular income.
“What I love most in life is to help others - the elderly, families filled with children and pets, and people with special needs. Feeling needed and wanted is what motivates me. When I'm in a customer's home, cuddling dogs, making a special display with child's toys, or making sure the elderly man who lives alone hears a kind word and knows someone cares, is the best motivation for me to stay for almost 23 years now.”
Marlene, Merry Maids Employee
How We’re Different:
Get paid all day
Unlike our competition, pay doesn’t start and stop the minute you enter and leave a customer’s home. At Merry Maids, you get paid for your entire working day, including the time in between cleanings.
We pay for gas and mileage
Whenever your foot hits the pedal on your cleaning route, know that your gas and mileage is paid for. Where necessary, we can provide a company car if you don’t have access to a personal vehicle.
True flexible working
Enjoy a true work-life balance with no nasty surprises. Full-time, part-time and flex-time options are available with daily commitments discussed from the get-go.
You clean the home, we clean the supplies
You never have to wash any cleaning equipment like rags at your own home or in your own time. Simply pick up fresh rags and replenish cleaning supplies at your local Merry Maids office.
We take care of the scheduling
No more last-minute one-time cleanings crammed into your schedule at short notice. Your local Merry Maids office schedules your daily cleaning routes in a methodical manner and ahead of time.
We look after customers’ keys
Handling customers’ keys is a big responsibility and one we take seriously. That’s why after you’ve cleaned a home, you can safely and securely store customers’ keys at your local Merry Maids office.
Whether you work with us as a solo House Cleaner or as part of a close-knit team, you will deliver Merry Maids’ world-class service to every customer. You will clean utilizing our unique procedures and products. As a Merry Maids team member, you are also a Merry Maids brand ambassador. This means building a great rapport with customers and ensuring we are providing a completely exceptional experience for them each and every visit.
- Preparing cleaning products for the day
- Loading cleaning products and equipment into a vehicle
- Using cleaning products and procedures to provide an exceptional clean in customers’ homes
- Cleaning, dusting and vacuuming bedrooms, living rooms, dining rooms, family rooms, etc.
- Cleaning and sanitizing kitchens and bathrooms
- Vacuuming and washing hard surface floors on hands and knees
- Cleaning and dusting light fixtures, baseboards, doors, door frames, and windowsills
- Moving reasonably light furniture in rooms to clean under and behind
- Operating a company car or personal motor vehicle to transport team members, materials and cleaning supplies to each home (where necessary)
- Being a great Merry Maids brand ambassador
- Working in a safe and methodical manner
- Contributing to a positive work environment with a pleasant attitude, punctuality, and a team player mindset
- Having respect and an understanding for co-workers and customers
- Taking pride and being passionate about the work you do
- A great attitude and ability to commit to the team
- Ability to differentiate between cleaning products and uses
- Ability to read cleaning instructions
- Strong communication, interpersonal, customer service and time management skills
- Ability to lift and carry 20 lbs. of equipment
- Ability to withstand regular physical contact with dog and cat hair, mold, dust, mildew, and cleaning solutions
- Ability to drive to and from various job sites
- A valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
If you don’t have your own personal vehicle or a valid driver’s license, we can provide a company car or find alternative means to get you to each job site.
Merry Maids is an equal opportunity employer and we thank you for your interest. Only those that qualify will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Driver's License (required)
- work permit for Canada (required)