Disability Case Manager, Workers Compensation (WCB)
Are you passionate about health, wellness and playing a positive role in assisting individuals in their return to work? Do you enjoy working in a dynamic, flexible and collaborative environment where you are encouraged to share your ideas? Are you well organized with strong customer service skills and able to demonstrate empathy? If the answer is yes, we want to meet you!
Our clients trust us to provide sound guidance and navigate their recovery to re-gain full quality of life. Working with a diverse team of health care professionals you would be responsible for managing worker's compensation for a group of clients.
A leader in the industry of ability management, Acclaim has offices across Canada working with Employers, Insurers, Lawyers and Government programs to assist individuals in their efforts to return to work or activities of daily living after illness or injury in a timely healthy manner.
What’s in it for you?
- We foster and support continuous learning and development with a high rate of internal promotion
- Encourage work-life balance and well-being through company group fitness classes, nutrition consultations, and discounts on fitness memberships
- Health and dental benefits program
- Ability to work with a diverse team of qualified health professionals
People Lead, WCB
- Gather all pertinent information regarding workplace accidents for our clients and file the proper provincial forms within appropriate timelines
- Prepare and submit objections to WCB when appropriate and ensure proper follow up with the provincial board until a decision is made
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders to keep all interested parties involved in the Injured Worker's claim
- Prepare modified duty offers and coordinate gradual return to work plans with our clients to ensure a timely and safe return to work
- Responsible for providing effective case management solutions for workers’ compensation claims across multiple provinces.
- Pursue all WCB cost recovery measures
- Promote awareness of health and safety issues
- Comply with ethical, professional and legal requirements based on the client policies and procedures, as well as WCB legislative regulations.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by management.
- Stay current with disability and wellness practices.
- Participate in required meetings, providing input and suggestions.
- Liaise with the HR professionals within the client group and with medical professional regarding the case management aspect of the role.
- Develop and document an understanding of the situation and the factors/barriers inhibiting a successful return to work for the employee.
- Determine an appropriate RTW plan with the employee, employer, workers’ compensation representatives, and other stakeholders. Provide active support for the return-to work planning process and provide support as needed.
- Escalate any concerns on a file to People Lead or Director as needed.
- Coordinates and attends employer visits (if required).
- Performs file reviews with employer contacts.
- Schedule, conduct and/or attend regular staff meetings.
- Attend workshops, career development and continuing education opportunities to maintain an up-to-date working knowledge of issues that affect the position.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with the company Mission Statement, Philosophy, and ethical standards.
- Respect and protect the privacy of information relating to all company clients, employees, and business affairs.
- Communicate effectively and use a professional approach with all team members, managers, supervisors, clients and stakeholders.
- Required: at least 1-2 years of working experience handling WCB cases (including but not limited to: filling Workers Compensation employer reports, speaking with Workers Compensation adjudicators, representing an employer or injured worker on WCB matters).
- Ability to interpret and apply WCB legislation and procedures as well as effectively explain it to employers
- Bachelor degree in a health profession (i.e. psychology, social work, occupational therapy, kinesiology, nursing, etc.), HR degree or certificate, or Health and Safety certification.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a client focused approach
- Demonstrated ability to work with tight deadlines
- *Bilingual candidate is an asset (French/English)
- *Eligibility for HRPA membership or Paralegal license an asset
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to perform multi-faceted assignments
- Above average written skills required for extensive report writing
Acclaim is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
If you require accommodation to apply, please advise Human Resources.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $55,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- objecting to Workers Compensation claims: 1 year (required)
- communicating with Workers Compensation adjudicators: 1 year (required)
- managing Workers Compensation claims (WCB): 1 year (required)
Work Location: Remote