POSITION: Labourer/Operator 1 Swan River Parks
Additional Information: TERM Departmental Position – Approx. 12 weeks Term Layoff tentatively Jul;y 26th, 2019.
There is no right to recall for this position.
Business Area/Branch: Manitoba Sustainable Development, Parks and Resource Protection Division – Western Region
Location: Swan River Parks Maintenance
Salary Range: $17.20 - $18.24 per hour - Labourer / $18.44 - $18.84 per hour - Operator 1
Closing Date: May 21, 2019
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary civil service that is inclusive and reflective of the population it serves. We encourage applicants to voluntarily self- declare in the cover letter, resume or application if they are from any of the following employment equity groups; women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
- Experience in preforming grounds maintenance.
- Experience in operating and maintaining various equipment ( ie chainsaws, mowers both push and riding, powered trimmers, tractors with and without loaders, trucks, ATV’s etc)
- Experience in preforming janitorial maintenance.
- Demonstrated effective verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of safe work practices related to the operation of equipment.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Valid First Aid and CPR Training
- Experience with the Workplace Health and Safety Program
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Must possess and maintain a valid full stage Manitoba Class 5 driver’s license.
- Must be physically able to perform the duties and responsibilities of this position which may require moderate lifting, bending, walking and standing for long periods of time.
- Must be able to wear personnel protective equipment as/when required.
- Must be able to work with paints, solvents and chemicals.
- May have to work some evenings, statutory holidays and weekends.
Under the direction of the Park Foreman 3, the successful candidate performs a variety of heavy and light manual duties relative to the park maintenance, along with the operation and maintenance of various equipment. The duties include grounds maintenance, refuse collection and disposal, painting/staining, fuelwood production, cutting and trimming grass, trees, etc. This position is also responsible for janitorial duties in all public washrooms and pit privies as assigned.. This will include but is not limited to cleaning, disinfecting all fixtures, walls, floors and restocking paper products and deodorizers.
Your cover letter, resume and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
A detailed position description is available upon request by contacting 204-734-3429
Apply in writing to:
Advertisement # 35136
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Manitoba Sustainable Development
Western Region-Parks and Resource Protection Division
Swan River, MB R0L1Z0
Housing accommodations are not available for this position.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the griever’s representative or the griever, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be
Job Type: Temporary