PLANET HATCH is seeking a Business Start-up Specialist to join our dedicated, energetic team. The Business Start-up Specialist supports Planet Hatch in delivering on its mission through providing impactful coaching and counselling to start-ups and new businesses to position them for success, and positively impact regional economic development.
Who we are:
Planet Hatch is an award-winning entrepreneurship center in Atlantic Canada. We support entrepreneurs and startups to grow into well-positioned, internationally competitive companies. We do this through programs, mentorship & coaching, funding, events, and our facility. Our focus is on assisting entrepreneurs with business models, business strategies, customer acquisition, and markets.
We lead integrated economic development growth through diverse initiatives that create an environment for our community and businesses to be successful.
All team members align with Our Principles and Values which are:
· Committed – to our vision, mission, goals, partners, and our team
· Adaptable – to a changing environment and priorities
· Creative – to look for improvements and better ways to do our work
· Inclusive – to be open and supportive of people and ideas
· Trustworthy – to always be transparent, reliable, being a constant compass (Trustworthy >/= Honest)
Why work with us:
As an employer, we provide competitive compensation and benefits, a wonderful, collaborative working environment with a dedicated, goal oriented, committed team that values each team member’s contribution. Our environment is fast-paced and energetic, but we appreciate a healthy work-life balance. Our dynamic team is passionate about our region and the work we do.
Sound like you? The ideal candidate is a dynamic, experienced professional with both knowledge and passion for entrepreneurs and economic development in our region. If you have relevant business consulting and economic development background, including finance, and funding experience, and align with our Principles and Values, we would love to have you join our team.
Reporting to the Manager of Innovation and Entrepreneurial Services, the Business Start-up Specialist provides business counselling to Planet Hatch member start-ups and entrepreneurs to assist the development of successful, established businesses, and as a key member of the Planet Hatch team, contributes to annual and strategic planning, setting objectives, and reporting on results.
· Provide business coaching and counselling to start-ups and new businesses
· Advise clients with respect to preparation of business plans, marketing, training, financing and assistance programs
· Perform navigation services for Planet Hatch clients to triage them into appropriate programs that address their needs and assist with the development of their businesses
· Develop counselling models for common challenges entrepreneurs face in various stages of their entrepreneurial journey
· Liaise with economic development partners to jointly manage files
· Support new client intake assessments for Planet Hatch business acceleration programs, and thoroughly assess and document the business needs and opportunities of each applicant according to established procedures.
· Identify and coach Impact Loan candidates
· Contribute to annual and strategic planning, setting objectives, and reporting on results.
· Extensive business or economic development experience
· Personal entrepreneurial experience of a new business start-up an asset
· Familiarity with New Brunswick’s economic development ecosystem
· Experience in developing community and regional networks
· Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
· Experience in analyzing financial and statistical information and providing recommendations
· Ability to make sound business decisions and judgments
· High level of professionalism and business acumen
· Excellent verbal, presentation and listening communication skills
· Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
· Integrity, positive energy and attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
· Proficient in MS Office, familiarity working with a CRM system
· Flexibility, when required, to work outside regular Monday to Friday working hours
· Bilingual (French / English) an asset
· Relevant post-secondary degree (college/ university)
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Sr. Business /Economic Development role.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
For more information on our organization and team please visit our website at https://www.planethatch.com/
We thank all applicants for your interest in Planet Hatch opportunity.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
All employees of Ignite Fredericton, Planet Hatch and Knowledge Park are encouraged to receive an Authorized COVID-19 Vaccination and we require that all employees disclose their vaccination status.