The Manager of Events is responsible for managing the Events Department and all logistical aspects including but not limited to planning, execution, revenue generation and analysis of CFA events across Canada including, The Franchise Canada Show(s), educational seminars, webinars and conferences and social events. The Manager, Events is responsible for the day to day management of the Events Department and staff.
This position is also responsible for contract negotiations, fulfillment and contract management including, but not limited to, venue selection and negotiation, event sponsorship, vendor and suppliers, webinar supplier (e.g. Show Decorator, Webinar provider, etc.).
This is a management position. It is expected that the incumbent will function at a senior level regarding strategic planning and execution, managing, monitoring/tracking budgets, production of management reports for all events.
CEO and /or Vice President, Operations & Membership Programs
Management of Department including;
- Supervises 2 staff
Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute and manage all logistical aspects including but not limited to the following events; The Franchise Canada Show(s), Law Day, Golf Tournaments, and educational seminars such as How to Franchise Your Business Seminars, Webinars and CFE events and oversee, execute and manage all logistical aspects of CFA National Convention including on-site management
- Develop and monitor critical paths / timelines for all events
- Work with the Communications Team, Advertising on development and execution of media plan for The Franchise Canada Shows, including but not limited to production of TV and Radio commercials and fulfillment of media campaigns
- Monitor and analyze revenue/expense for all events and meet or exceed targets for attendance, booth sales, and all other related revenue generation
- Prepare written update, evaluation and Board reports , for all CFA events through analysis of post event surveys
- Track and analyze the on-going status of events to minimize risk, evaluate the trends of events and make recommendations for improvement
- Research, negotiate and manage CFA Suppliers related to events to ensure quality and effective services to event participants
- Research, negotiate and manage venue selection (where applicable) and work with venue/ facilities to ensure quality and effective services to event participants
- Provide to the Communications Team information on all for each event including; marketing brochures, e-news communications, on-site newsletters, show guides, convention materials, etc. as well as ensuring up-to-date and accurate content of event pages on CFA website.
- Work with the communications staff to develop effective marketing approaches for each event and to provide appropriate content including copy writing to ensure the successful promotion of events
- Travel is required to view/assess venues for future events across country and attend the event
- Make annual recommendations for pricing changes related to CFA events, products, and services, with supporting analysis and implications; and implement as approved.
Actively run and participate in committees related to events including but not limited to Convention Program Committee, Franchise Law Day Committee, and Ensure that the Terms of Reference for each committee is up to date and acted upon. Act as staff liaison by providing leadership, administration and resources to each Committee. Ensure the involvement of committee members. In addition, participate in other Committees that integrate with events such as the Education Advisory Committee, and the Lead Generation Committee.
- Day to day management of the CFA Events Department including supervising and coaching events staff to ensure efficient and effective delivery of quality events
- Creation and management of all events budgets, projections and analysis.
- Work with Finance Department to ensure all members are invoiced and paid for their participation in events
- Work with the Finance Department to ensure each event is reconciled (revenue and expenses) 60 days after event completion
- Weekly communication with the Department leader of Development (sales) to ensure sales team is aware of targets for each event including break even, budget and sponsorship targets.
- Collaborate with Department leader of Development (ales) staff in selling exhibitor booth space for trade-shows, sponsorship targets, and up selling opportunities to ensure budget targets are met
- Ensure all program activities operate successfully, efficiently, consistently and effectively to ensure budget targets are met
- Implement and monitor continuous quality improvement process for all programs and services, focusing on event procedural improvement, suggest event policies and procedures as required
- Reporting to management and the Board of Directors, including writing Board reports
- Work with Communications Team and Sales Team to develop, promote and deliver on annual sponsorship offerings and work with graphic design to create promotional materials
- Communicate with Department leader of Development (Sales)Meet event sponsorship targets
- Manage and oversee execution of fulfillment for all event sponsorship
- Identify new event sponsorship opportunities
General and administration
- With the Vice President, Operations and Membership Programs develop annual budgets for events and identified program areas
- Provide weekly reports on actual vs. target and forecasts for booth sales and sponsorship
- Work closely with other CFA staff members to ensure maximum synergy and co-operation between departments
- Travel is required
- Interaction with members
- Become an ambassador of the CFA brand
- Will work with 3rd party suppliers
- And such other duties and responsibilities as the CFA may determine from time to time.
- Strong project management, l including the execution of critical paths and work back schedules for multiple and simultaneous events
- Leadership skills to manage a team and volunteers
- Budgeting, forecasting, revenue and expense management as it relates to events.
- Confident communicator with excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Contract negotiation skills and contract management
- Microsoft office 365, database
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required
This is a full-time permanent position and includes benefits.
CFA is located in Toronto on the Mississauga/Toronto border near Pearson International Airport, with access by highway and public transit (Mississauga and Toronto). Free parking.
To apply for this position, please forward your resume and cover letter, stating salary expectations to:
No phone calls, please.
Deadline for Submissions: October 21, 2019
For more information about the Canadian Franchise Association,
Visit: cfa.ca | franchisecanada.online
We appreciate your interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates may be asked to complete aptitude and skill tests.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- Event Planning: 3 years (Preferred)