JOIN US BECAUSE YOU LOVE GOOD FOOD, WORK HERE BECAUSE YOU LOVE A GREAT OPPORTUNITY
For more than half a century, British Columbians have chosen IGA for a friendly face and good food. We’re a hub of community life and today, a place with fresh and revitalized energy, ready to be the grocery store of choice for shoppers. We are simple goodness.
Our IGA in Sechelt (located in 4330 Highway 101) join as a Cashier to work varied shifts including evenings and weekends.
The Cashier is responsible for carrying out the full range of duties of the position in a professional, responsible, accurate and timely fashion. The Cashier will provide customers with friendly and professional service; and will process customer orders in an efficient manner. The Cashier will ensure accurate cash-handling procedures at all times through company practices and actively contribute to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
- Previous cashier experience preferred.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Must be available to work during the day.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be readily available to work.
- Must have VALID work authorization in Canada.
What we offer:
- Voted Best In Vancouver for Grocery Stores
- Benefits after 3 months
- Fun work environment
- Competitive wages
- Room For advancement
- We are an essential service so there are no work disruptions
- Air conditioning
The pleasure in our work comes from delivering a familiar experience that gives our customers exactly what they want, time and time again. If there’s a product that our customers wouldn’t put on their shelves, they won’t find it on ours. We put the team in teamwork so that everyone is here to support each other and make the most of a job well done. Together we’ll keep groceries uncomplicated and easy for our customers, quite simply… simple.
Do you share the same passion? We would love to hear from you. Apply today by submitting your application directly to this Indeed ad.
Please be advised that only those who are considered for the position will be contacted for an interview.
Part-time hours: 20-30 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Ability to commute/relocate:
- customer service: 1 year (preferred)
- cashier: 1 year (preferred)