Members of the OCC Operations team provide on-site support on a 24x7x365 basis. He will be responsible of the first level of support. He is responsible of monitoring and following-up of systems/servers, must be vigilant and proactive in order to avoid or minimize any incident. He is also the owner of all incidents and request that are assigned to him and must react quickly to solve them and reestablish the service. If need be, he must escalate to the SME’s to make sure that the SLA’s are met.
From time to time, will work jointly with the SME’s to solve some technical problems or set up new services. Together with the SME’s, he will participate to deployments, upgrades and various tests.
The person who will obtain this post will join a young and dynamic team which supports multiplatform and multi-clients environments. It will give him the possibility to be introduced to many technology and tools.
Furthermore, as he will be a part of a company which has offices in more than 40 countries, you will have the occasion to collaborate with colleagues around the world.
We offer a dynamic environment, flexible and numerous possibilities of career opportunities.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAIN TASKS
- Coordination of job scheduling activities with Clients and internal CGI teams
- Execution of manual tasks and scheduled jobs on a pre-determined and ad hoc basis
- Monitoring of job execution through the use of standardized/proprietary tools and applications
- Execute and log daily activities within a daily checklist/shiftlog
- Suggest improvements to the production schedule and coordinate changes with Client/Internal support teams
- Ensure all schedules for all clients are completed and deadlines are met
- Prepare and distribute morning reports to document the results of overnight activities
- Participate in morning conference calls with Clients and CGI teams
- First Level of support
- Take charge of the incident and perform investigation in less than 15 min.
- Resolution of incidents through the use of documented procedures and coordination of recovery activities with other support teams if needed.
- Engage IMC and supports teams if necessary to ensure that incidents are resolved in a timely manner within SLA timeframes (warm transfer with certain clients when necessary).
- Participate in Incident Review meetings
- Creation of tickets for incidents detected manually
- Execute and log daily activities within a daily checklist/shift log
- Perform daily reboots of various Wintel servers on a regular schedule in the Production environment.
- Perform weekly reboots of specified servers in the Non Prod Environment
- Create changes as per schedule for patching
- Deploy automated patches as per schedule (OS and application).
- VM server creation or changes
- ADDM, (update TKU, scan servers to obtain detailed information (OS, IP, Hardware), CMDB and ADDM data reconciliation)
- Schedule server snoozes as per task request
- Backup, upon notification failures, rerun job as per documentation, resolve incident or escalate to support teams.
- Resolution of incidents and job failures through the use of documented procedures and coordination of recovery activities with other support teams (Application, Technical, Client, Vendors, etc)
- Engage IMC and Service Delivery Managers as necessary to ensure that incidents are resolved in a timely manner within SLA timeframes
- Document incident recovery activities by updating/closing tickets on a regular basis
- Prepare incident reports detailing recovery actions and process improvements
- Participate in Incident Review meetings
- Analyze ticket data to proactively detect incident trends/problems
- Coordinate with support teams to investigate/resolve problems once they have been detected
- Engage the Problem Management team as required to assist with investigation/resolution activities for more serious/complex problems
- Participate in problem review meetings and assist with implementing proposed solutions
- Coordinate scheduling of maintenance activities and change requests with other Client/Internal teams
- Participate in regular CAB meetings to review/approve upcoming requests
- Provide formal approval of scheduled activities within multiple ticketing systems (Remedy, Chorus, Infoman, etc) for audit and workflow purposes
- Execute scheduled maintenance activities, service requests and change requests as necessary/requested
- Resolve incidents resulting from maintenance activities/change requests by working with change coordinators/clients as necessary
- Update and close records after work has been performed and provide status updates back to change coordinators
Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity
- Develop and maintain disaster recovery documentation to meet RTO requirements
- Participate in the planning and execution of regularly scheduled disaster recovery tests
- Creation and storage of business information/records from BAU activities to meet audit requirements
- Participation in meetings/interviews with auditors for 5970 and QMI audits (if required)
- Collection and delivery of previously prepared audit evidence to satisfy control requirements
- Perform console management for centrally managed solutions of endpoints security (e.g. antivirus, antispam, encryption, etc.)
- Utilizes software and hardware tools to diagnose and resolve security incidents following agreed upon procedures;
- Maintains operational documentation
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Represent Operations in conversations with other Client/CGI teams in meetings
- Suggest improvements to internal support procedures
- Develop and maintain internal support documentation, checklists, shiftlogs, etc
- Prepare metrics showing the quantity of jobs executed, tickets opened, etc for use by management in monthly dashboard reports
- Monitor and maintain ticketing queues within multiple systems (Remedy, Chorus, Infoman, Heat, etc
- Must be able to learn easily, flexible, able to work simultaneously with many customers (various technologies), good knowledge in the following tools or platforms:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Work on shift 24/7 (week-end included).
- Compressed schedule 3 days a week but may change according to the needs;
- Must remain in the position for a minimum of two years prior to a transfer (but possible to move in the team).
- Need Secret clearance
What you can expect from us:
- Requirements: DEC or equivalent in T1.
- No experience required.
- Sociable, flexible and able to work as a team.
- Bilingual (French end English)
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.