We are currently looking to hire a dynamic and competent Service Technician being able to work with minimal supervision within well-defined guidelines, who preferably has a background in servicing Atlas Copco products. They should be a proven team player and have leadership skills. Ability to deal with customers is an essential requirement of the job and the person must be organized and effective with time management.
The selected candidate will cover the Central East Ontario Area which includes; Durham, Hastings, Frontenac, Lennox & Addington, Northumberland, Peterborough, & Prince Edward.
This position reports to the Business Development Manager, PSI. Consequently, this position opens to potential developments within the Atlas Copco organization.
- To carry out installations, maintenance, facilities management, and service on customer Atlas Copco and other brand equipment.
- To keep product knowledge up to date in reading instruction books, ECB’s, in referring to any other technical information system; and by participating in an effective manner to the training programs as offered by the company.
- To apply good standards of engineering practice at all times and promote at users sites a professional image for Atlas Copco.
- To commission new equipment in an effective manner
- To effectively diagnose mechanical and electrical faults on customer equipment.
- To care about proper administration of activities
- Ensure that time sheets and other paper works are signed by customer when applicable, and submitted timely.
- To advise users personnel about the general operations of their machines and maintenance requirements (promote Atlas Copco service products).
- To advise the business development manager and/or the service salesman of any new business opportunity.
- Support local customer base, develop new customers and maximize time utilization.
- Prepare service reports with care and attention and offer solutions to problems
- Certification in one of the following areas: Industrial Electrician, Millwright, Diesel Mechanic, or Air Conditioning/Refrigeration.
- 5-8 years of experience in servicing compressed air equipment
Knowledge / Educational Requirements
- Strong electrical and mechanical knowledge or equivalent experience
- Preference will be given to candidates with Millwright or Industrial Electrician ticket
- Good computer skills – MS Office, ERP system
- Able to work independently with strong self-management and professionalism.
- Able to complete work within assigned deadlines.
- Computer proficiency as required for communication, research, work orders and programming various controllers.
- Excellent customer service and communications skills (oral and written).
- Extensive travel to customer locations, including out-of-town and overnight travel.
- Available for a rotating schedule of on-call work on evenings, weekends and holiday
- Must be fluent in English and have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis and lift up to 100 lbs occasionally
- Must be able to work in industrial environments including extremes in temperature with continuous walking, reaching, bending, and kneeling
Atlas Copco is a world-leading provider of sustainable productivity solutions. The Group serves customers with innovative compressors, vacuum solutions and air treatment systems, construction equipment, power tools and assembly systems. Atlas Copco develops products and services focused on productivity, energy efficiency, safety and ergonomics. The company was founded in 1873, is based in Stockholm, Sweden, and has a global reach spanning more than 180 countries.
Job Type: Full-time