Ensures excellent service is provided to the customer, by effectively using selling skills and/or construction knowledge to secure and complete the sale to the customer’s satisfaction.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assists customers with their information/product requirements in the store or over the telephone. Provides appropriate information on suggested products and alternatives.
- Process the sale as per policy, locates product on the computer, checks to ensure stock availability and to confirm next available delivery date.
- Maintains assigned section. Ensures area is well stocked and merchandised with current product labels and information signage. Monitors inventory levels, conducts stock counts, and completes required paperwork.
- Keeps current on flyer and promotional events.
- Actively strives to increase product knowledge.
- Position requires in-depth product and application knowledge in area of expertise and a general knowledge of store products.
- Position requires effective selling skills and a commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- Position requires good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Position requires a good working knowledge of RONA’s systems and procedures.
- Position requires the ability to operate a computer to look up products, make inquiries and adjust inventory levels.
- Experience placing special orders an asset.