Inventory Warranty Officer
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Inventory – the Inventory Warranty officer will be responsible to effectively integrate equipment overhauled at VIA’s external contractors back into VIA Equipment Maintenance operations. He/she will be responsible for all material related activities including the transfer of the bill of materials, handling of spares material acquisition and the management of warranty related claims. He/she will also maintain a portfolio of commodities for internal equipment maintenance requirements.
- Acts as principal interface between VIA departments (Project Management, Equipment Maintenance, Procurement, Inventory, Quality, Stores) to ensure completion of supply chain integration activities as per project timelines for all activities related to material acquisition.
- Develops and manages warranty claim process related to externally overhauled equipment. Establishes solid working relationship with internal stakeholders and external contractors to support the warranty claim process and warranty cost recovery.
- Develops standardized warranty management process for materials purchased directly by VIA for internal operations, including dashboards and tracking mechanisms to improve operational efficiency for equipment maintenance.
- Acts as Inventory Officer for a portfolio of commodities for internal Equipment Maintenance requirements including min/max review, issuing releases, warranty and repair management.
- Manage data integrity, standardization and accuracy of the information that is required to populate the Oracle catalog. Ensure that the technical data, as well as the information required for procurement is correctly entered to make the future purchasing process more efficient.
- University diploma in administration, supply chain, logistics, or engineering.
- 7 - 10 years of procurement experience managing external contractors in industrial or manufacturing environment.
- 5 + years of experience with warranty management
- Solid experience in managing supply chain related activities for external contractors
- Background in development and daily management of warranty process is a must
- Strong technical background/familiarity with mechanical components, working with technical specs required
- Working knowledge of the rail transportation industry and or related industrial/manufacturing environment
- Purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment is a must
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Word, Outlook, Excel
- Experience with procurement module in ERP system, knowledge of Oracle ERP system is an asset
- Proficient in French and English communication, both oral and written.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work autonomously
- Must have excellent analytical skills, multitasking capabilities, be pro-active and flexible.