Warehouse Order Picker
Reporting to the Lead Hand for Retail and Shipping, at our manufacturing and distribution center in SCARBOROUGH, this role is responsible for packing, processing orders and maintaining quality while ensuring customer orders are processed in a timely and secure manner.
We’re looking for a candidate who can work in a fast-paced environment, has a keen attention to detail and can work with others under supervision in a team environment.
- Pulls and packs product based on daily orders.
- Verify the order picked matches the packing slip.
- Weigh, measure or examine packaging and contents and use shipping software (Canada Post, UPS, Canpar, Loomis etc) to enter records.
- Select applicable packaging (box/container) for the order. Insert applicable packaging material, construct and seal once completed.
- Ensure shipping information is correct and attach to packages, move objects to the shipping area.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area and adhere to health & safety policies and quality standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of shipping software and other technologies required. (Basic computer skills required).
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Physically agile and dexterous.
- Able to carry material to and from equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- 1 year experience as order picker preferred.
- Vision care
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Casual dress
- Subsidised gym membership
Job Type: Permanent
- Warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)
- Computer : 1 year (Required)