This Afternoon Shift Maintenance Technician is responsible for the maintenance, repair and installation of all processing equipment in a plastic film converting facility. This role also includes improving the reliability, output, quality and safety of all equipment related to production and facilities. The ideal candidate is a Millwright with at least 7 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Maintain and service all machinery including mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and automation control systems.
- Install and commission new equipment.
- Schedule and complete preventative maintenance activities.
- Assist in the design and building of prototype equipment required for new products under development.
- Assist in the development of mass production equipment for new products.
- Perform facilities maintenance as required.
- A sense of urgency in dealing with machinery breakdowns.
- A positive, constructive attitude and an ability to develop strong relationships with Supervisors and Plant workers.
- A desire to make things run better, not just to keep things running.
- An interest in developing new equipment from small-scale prototype to mass production as new products go from concept to reality.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, work with others and meet goals.
- Ability to follow, retain and communicate detailed instructions.
- Ability to work longer hours in the event of a machine breakdown.
- Excellent organizational/multi-tasking/time management skills with disciplined diagnostic skills, and coordination, prioritization and follow-up abilities.
- Extensive knowledge of safety requirements and industrial workplace practices.
- Maintains an organized, clean and safe work area.
- A valid provincial Industrial Millwright’s License.
- A diploma as a Controls Automation Technologist is an asset.
- At least 5 years of experience as a Maintenance Mechanic in the maintenance of equipment in an industrial environment. Experience with web processes is an asset.
- Solid knowledge and background of electrical controls, hydraulics, pneumatics, automation, sensors, motor control, PLC logic. Experience with Omron PLC’s is an asset.
Founded in 1998, WP Innova Inc. is a proudly owned and operated Canadian company with roots and expertise that dates back more than 35 years in the conversion and manufacturing of industrial and food packaging – film and foil. Our company exports its products throughout Canada, United States, and Europe through a wide range of qualified distributors. Our mission is to build and nurture an organization that is passionate about its products and we offer the widest range and availability of product format, formulations, and expertise in our field. Our commitment is to develop innovative customer-driven superior packaging solutions that deliver measurable customer benefits through a focus on speciality film applications, research and development, and superior customer service.
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintenance Technician: 7 years (Preferred)
- Mississauga, ON (Preferred)