We are looking for an individual to join our team as a part-time estimator, that can work from home or separate office space. We are in the construction based industry and are involved on many small and large scale projects. Work hours can vary based on size of projects, wage can be discussed upon interview.
The following is a breakout of desired attributes:
- Be able to read and understand blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Go through addendum's and allocate / update schedule items
- Complete change orders in a timely manner for submission
- Have an understanding of construction based industries
- Be willing to learn about MPI standards and for allocating materials in specifications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing jobs on a quick and timely manner.
- Communicate with contractors and team members regarding new and current projects for duration of job.
- Be able to attend site visits if needed / possible.
- Must be self disciplined to stay on task.
- Must be able to be contacted during daytime hours 7am-6pm.
- Must have adequate computer programs / workspace at home for work environment.
- Be fluent in Excel / word document programs
- Review local bidding sites on a daily timeframe
- Stay in touch with administration regarding closings / site meetings.
- Have a positive mindset as this can be a fast paced environment.
Job Type: Part-time
- Construction Estimating: 1 year (Preferred)
- Estimating: 1 year (Preferred)