Who we are:
At Sland Studios, we specialize in a wide array of digital, online and interactive solutions. From website design and development to social marketing to search engine optimization. Our focus is on strategy, development and implementation to ensure a great product and seamless execution.
Strategically focused to increase online conversions and create new business, our solutions combine a strong technical background with stylish design and intuitive interfaces.
For new website development we primarily utilize Wordpress as our CMS framework, to create websites our clients can be proud of.
*What we need help with:
*The In-house Web Developer is a contract position. The In-house Web Developer will be responsible for website development and other web development related tasks. The common tasks provided will include: building websites using Wordpress themes, updating website content, actioning work items and estimating work hours.
We are looking for someone who has experience with Wordpress as a CMS framework, who is able to build on and modify themes; and understand how to use plugins, shortcodes, and custom code. Experience in Digital Marketing a plus.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
The following are the requirements for the In-house Web Developer position:
- 4 workdays per week at Sland Studios office (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday)
- Reporting to Project Manager and working with Digital Production Intern on projects
- Independent direction to ensure quality production and service
- Understanding of timelines and project priorities
- Keeping track of hours on current in-progress work in online time-tracking software each day, and ongoing reports to appropriate parties
- Collaboration with project team to develop creative and structural concepts for website projects
- Partaking in client meetings and functions as required
The Primary Responsibility of the position is website development, this includes:
- Building out websites utilizing Wordpress CMS, including modifying themes, and plugins, and adding shortcodes, and custom code where needed
- Updating website content and code for client sites on various CMS’s and platforms
- Quality assurance and testing: Web Developer is expected to work with the team to ensure digital products are tested, reviewed, and refined before launch
- Providing estimates and researching technical solutions
- Intermediate understanding of Wordpress CMS and experience in working with themes, child-themes, plugins, shortcodes, custom coding, etc.
- Experience in website hosting / DNS / web admin panels (IE: cPanel, PLESK, etc.)
- Strong organizational, written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Intuitive/savvy computer and software skills (ability to learn-as-you-go new software / applications)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs / G Suite applications
- On-going research and self-education to current industry trends in procedure and software. Suggestions to optimize current procedures and create new ones.
- Experience in team development setting with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Experience with project management software: TeamWork PM, Base Camp, or similar
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, XD), and ability to export assets for web from such applications
- Web Developer may, on occasions, be required to contact a client directly, external IT team, or a third party provider to gain clarification or access information to complete a task.
- It may also be required to provide alternate solutions or constructive feedback on other avenues to contribute in providing the best / most efficient solution for a particular problem.
- Web Developer may, on occasion, be required to assist in managing projects through email and phone correspondence, as well as through designated project management software. Web Developer is to promptly respond, follow up, delegate, and execute client work.
- Researching, proposing and working on procedures for streamlining internal company processes
What you bring:
- Focus on getting things done, collaboration with others, and solving problems creatively.
- Can-do attitude - happy to take on a wide variety of tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Flexible and comfortable in a fast-paced creative technology focused company.
- Be both independent and a team player focused on excellence.
- You’ll be integral to the team in executing work as well as providing creative solutions to unique client needs.
- Appreciation for cat memes
What you can expect:
- Work out of a shared office space in the heart of the Red Mile with access to breakout rooms, kitchen and lunch space.
- Free coffee, free red bull, free beer (we’re not kidding).
- Must provide your own computer with reasonable specifications to handle modern website development tasks
Job Type: Contract
- WordPress: 3 years (Required)
- Digital Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Calgary, AB (Required)