Location: Sparwood, BC, CA
Reporting to the Senior Supervisor, Mine Operations, the Central Controller, Autonomous Haulage Systems is responsible for overseeing the daily operation of the autonomous control and fleet management system (FrontRunner) that controls the Autonomous Haulage System (AHS). This position is responsible for ensuring that the AHS system is operated safely and efficiently, meeting overall shift production goals of the AHS. This position is site based and requires shift work to allow for continuous operation of the AHS.
This role is based in Sparwood, BC, in the beautiful Elk Valley region of British Columbia. This location is known for its vibrant local art and culture scene, as well as a wide variety of outdoor recreation opportunities including world class skiing, mountain biking, fly fishing, and year-round back-country activities.
Develop your career with one of Canada's Top 100 Employers by collaborating with a team implementing leading edge computer and communications technology."
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Coordinate and collaborate with the AHS Project Team, Pit Supervisors, Patrollers, mine personnel, equipment operators, mine planning department, technical support, and maintenance personnel
- Direct, control, and manage the AHS to safely achieve production targets. Coordinate the AHS shift activities with the AHS supervisory team as well as the conventional mining operation team, using time efficiently and setting goals according to realistic plans
- Direct and coordinate equipment operators working within the Autonomous Operating Zone (AOZ), to optimize Autonomous Truck haulage
- Ensure operational deliverables consistently reach or exceed target
- Contribute to the AHS Operations Team on a strategic level, including implementation of cost reduction initiatives, identifying opportunities to improve safety and efficiency in the near and long term
- Configure the real-time AHS to monitor and record operation of equipment in the AOZ
- Ensure the integrity of the AHS digital representation of the mine (road network, locations, equipment, etc.), including monitor operating conditions and make changes within the system to respond to real-time input from field operations such as road conditions and speed restrictions
- Enforce any mining constraints and maximize equipment productivity
- Maintain and improve ability to track and assign material from pit to dump
- Continuously evaluate data accuracy and integrity of the AHS system
- Monitor and report on the working status of hardware and software of the AHS system
- Minimum four years’ experience in open pit mining
- Possess or willingness to attain a valid shift boss certificate
- Applicants with previous experience with autonomous haulage will be given preference
- Qualifications in engineering or related fields would be an asset
- Demonstrated computer skills and experience with fleet management systems (specifically DISPATCH), as well as autonomous haulage, would be considered an asset
- Previous supervisory experience would be considered an asset
- Demonstrated ability to be accurate and thorough in documentation and processes
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong collaboration and coordination skills
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task, adaptive, energetic, able to think strategically
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent