Job title :
MANAGER, CLINICAL OPERATIONS, LILLOOET/LYTTON
LILLOOET HSPTL & HLTH CTR
PERMANENT FULL TIME
We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate leader to join our team! We are looking for a Manager, Clinical Operations for Lillooet and Lytton.
The Manager, Clinical Operations (Range 9) is accountable for ensuring excellence in the provision of patient centered care within a defined clinical area(s) of Acute / ER / OR / HH / HS / LTC, etc. The Manager provides leadership and direction for the operations, management, utilization, risk management, and quality improvement within the assigned clinical area(s), and applies management theory and concepts to leading, staffing, monitoring, evaluating, and data gathering including the development of relevant outcome measures pertinent to the clinical area(s).
The Manager, Clinical Operations is accountable for:
efficient, effective utilization of approved physical, financial, and human resources; guiding and coordinating activities of the clinical area(s) in accordance with professional standards; supporting the goals and strategic direction of Interior Health.
Some Key Duties may include:
Some of the Benefits of Joining Interior Health:
- Provides leadership for clinical practice by seeking out and identifying best practices in patient care, ensuring the appropriate structures, system processes, and culture are in place to facilitate ongoing development of a best practice model of care.
- Evaluates effectiveness of care provided and seeks mechanisms to ensure that standards are met consistently. Responds to patient care issues and public concerns in a supportive and goal oriented manner, facilitating communication to affect positive outcomes.
- Facilitates and directs the development, implementation, and evaluation of unit specific goals and objectives, standards and policies, ensuring consistency with the established standards and objectives of the services within Interior Health.
- Maintains fiscal accountability by collecting and monitoring necessary fiscal and utilization data and analyzes data appropriately. Ensures effective use of resources in the service area. Monitors the budget(s), identifies variances, and takes corrective action as required to maintain expenditures within the approved budget(s).
- Participates, as part of the local management team, in coordinating the utilization of shared resources including services, equipment, and space with other departments and/or sites.
- Recruits, hires, disciplines, and terminates staff as required. Provides mentoring and coaching to staff, completes performance evaluations and prepares staff development, training and succession plans. Administers collective agreements and represents the employer in the grievance process, on various union/management committees, and during essential service situations.
- Identifies the educational needs of staff in the provision of direct patient care. Ensures the appropriate mechanisms are in place to support staff in the provision of quality patient care. Communicates with educational personnel regarding identified needs and collaboratively plans the opportunities for professional development.
- Maintains a positive and productive work environment respecting the value of an interdisciplinary team approach to the provision of health services. Promotes the creation of a quality work environment.
- Acts as a change agent within the service, fostering an environment of innovation and critical thinking.
- Represents Clinical Operations and assigned clinical areas on a variety of internal and external committees as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
An attractive remuneration package in keeping with your qualifications and experience and excellent career prospects awaits the right candidate. In addition to a competitive wage, we offer a total compensation package! We have one of the best benefit package and pension plans in Canada. In addition to Medical, Dental and Extended Health coverage, we offer paid annual vacation starting at 4 weeks (20 days) up to a maximum of 7 weeks (35 days). We also offer an attractive (defined benefit) employee pension plan, disability and life insurance, and options for maternity &/or paternity leave top-up.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training, and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in nursing, health sciences, or related field.
- Seven to ten years recent, related clinical experience, including three years in a leadership role.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current registration with the relevant professional college or association preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to guide individuals and groups while maintaining group cohesion, motivation, commitment, and effectiveness.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively introduce and manage change that is consistent with the vision, purpose, and operating principles of Interior Health.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, develop, implement, manage, and evaluate programs.
- Excellent negotiation skills to relate effectively with clients, medical staff, and members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to define own continuing education needs and maintain competency through reading literature, management workshops, seminars, and available educational offerings.