If you’re passionate about leading a team that is, committed to the Team Member Experience and driven by innovation and growth, then join us!
The Director of Care is a critical role within our communities as it impacts the lives of residents through the strong leadership and motivation of Sienna team members.
As a Director of Care your typical day will impact the following ways:
- Reports to the Executive Director
- Ensures that Resident Care Services, including annual goals and objectives for the Nursing Department, align with the organization’s vision, mission, and values
- Plans, coordinates, directs, and monitors the effectiveness of all operational activities within the nursing department
- Promotes a resident-centred care approach that engages residents, families, and team members to deliver care that meets individual resident needs
- Models and fosters an environment of positive customer service in all aspects of care
- Promotes a positive working environment for team members and external providers
- Leads the development of the annual nursing budget
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the provincial College of Nurses
- Must have a minimum one year of experience working as a Registered Nurse in the long term care sector
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience working as a Registered Nurse in a managerial or supervisory capacity in the healthcare setting
- Must have demonstrated leadership and customer service
- Experience in inventory control and resource utilization
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector Check. Applicable to Ontario applicants.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Criminal Records Check. Applicable to British Columbia applicants.
Bonus points for having:
- Bachelor of Nursing Science or equivalent post diploma education as asset
- Gerontological Nurse Certification (GNC) an asset
Act upon your desire to help others and Join Sienna Senior Living as we continue to enhance the lives of those we serve.
For Ontario locations, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent