Railway Technical Specialist/Engineer, Mississauga, ON
RailTerm is a diversified, safety oriented, rail services contractor with operations throughout North America. We provide custom service solutions to railway operators who wish to outsource mission-critical activities.
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to support railway safety critical operations;
- Flexible work arrangements (reduced work-cycle, flexible hours and possibility to work from home);
- A full-time and permanent opportunity;
- A competitive base salary;
- An incentive compensation program;
- Generous group insurance coverage;
- A retirement plan with employer contribution.
RailTerm Systems is an agile group of experienced railway professionals dedicated to delivering quality and reliable solutions for our customers. Our customers are railway owners/operators internationally who turn to us for solutions in railway signals and communications design. Our flexible solutions can range from any specific element of the solution up to a full turn-key solution. Members of our team enjoy the constant opportunity to learn in flexible and fast paced customer focused environment.
The Railway Technical Specialist/Engineer is an intermediate role and is responsible for all aspects of systems design, implementation, testing, verification and validation, and commissioning of RailTerm railway software, signalling and communication products and solutions. The successful candidate will be involved throughout the entire lifecycle of the project from start to finish. The successful candidate will demonstrate a broad range of skills with strengths in technical expertise, technical writing, and interpersonal soft skills. This position will have many client-facing opportunities and interactions with external parties (customer, subcontractors). This position is based in Mississauga and provides for flexible work arrangements.
Key Responsibilities and Functions
Design: Assist in the initial concept phase of the project drawing input on technical matters and architecture and further on be engaged in the design;
- Implementation: Assist in Confidence testing and manage system integration issues;
- Testing and V&V: Develop testing plans and documents that will serve throughout the verification and validation processes;
- Manage the testing process and V&V requirements;
- Perform V&V on systems and subsystems to ensure compliance to contractual requirements;
- Organize and maintain adequate records of all testing-related documents;
- Commissioning: Prepare commissioning testing documents, execute and track towards project completion;
- Perform field work, including site visits for installation, testing and commissioning activities;
- Interact with project managers, designers and other stakeholders to develop a strong understanding of the product and testing objectives;
- Perform other related work to support the systems group.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in any combination of design, testing V&V, and commissioning activities related work in the railway industry;
- Knowledge of Control Systems and/or SCADA (Digital I/O, Analog I/O, Modbus, DNP3, OPC);
- Fundamental Electrical Engineering knowledge : AC/DC Circuits, RF Communications, Relay circuits
- Communications systems
- Classic and Modern computer/communications knowledge: Command-based operating systems (Linux, DOS), Legacy communications (Serial RS232, RS485, Centronics Parallel), Hyperterminal / Putty, Windows 95, 98, 2000, XP, 7, 8, 10, Server, TCP/IP Ethernet, Fibre Optic, WIFI, Spread Spectrum Radios
- Must demonstrate excellent organizational skills;
- Must demonstrate exceptional oral and written communication skills;
- Good working knowledge of MS Office suite; Ability to travel Internationally.
- Licensed Professional Engineer or is eligible to be a licensed Professional Engineer is preferred, however not required;
- IBM Rationale Doors, Primavera P6.
- Project Management experience
If you believe you have what it takes to take on this challenge, click 'APPLY NOW' to apply.
Note that only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, RailTerm will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. Please inform the recruiter of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Schedule
- Life Insurance
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- Work From Home
Strict sanitary measures in place / Mostly work from home required until further notice / Reusable Masks provided.
- Control Systems and/or SCADA: 1 year (Preferred)
- design, testing, V&V, and commissioning activities (railway): 4 years (Required)