Relocate to wine country! Beautiful Okanagan, British Columbia.
We are currently hiring enthusiastic, full-time Experienced Labourers at our Kelowna location to assist us in the installation of some of the latest and greatest roofing technology out there! Ideally, we are seeking those who are already have experience in roofing and are interested in joining our exceptional team as the next step in their career.
Why Work for LAING?
Founded in 1987, LAING provides full building envelope services, including roofing, sheet metal, waterproofing, and wall system installations for commercial, industrial, and large-scale residential projects. As products and materials improve and change, we stay ahead of the pack on knowledge to ensure our customers have both the best product and installation possible. We have worked on some of the largest projects in the area including Sparkling Hill, Okanagan Centre for Innovation, and the H20 Adventure Centre.
As a long-standing and reputable local business, we know how important it is to feel valued and be rewarded for your hard work. At LAING, creating long-term relationships with our employees is important to us. We pride ourselves on having a desirable benefits package and a positive workplace culture including competitive pay, extended health and dental, RRSP match, paid time off, and the opportunity for training and career advancement in our industry.
Here are just some of the reasons why we may be a good fit for you:
- Full-time, year-round work
- Competitive wage (range from $20-30/hour depending on experience
- Desirable work schedule (Monday-Friday)
- Vacation and paid time off
- Extended health and dental, life insurance, and vision care
- RRSP program
- Employee assistance program
- Continued development opportunities with paid training to grow your knowledge within the industry
- Relocation assistance
- Tool purchasing program
- Opportunity to work with a team-oriented, knowledgeable crew
Interested in hearing from some of our staff members on what makes us stand out from the rest? See this link: https://youtu.be/CCA5Vo1Pt4o.
- Constructing and assembling layers of roofing from insulation to all types of flat roofing membranes (Including TPO, EPDM, SBS, PVC).
- Performing installation and repair of PVC and vinyl type flat roofs of commercial buildings.
- Work on new install, replacement of previously installed/damage, and repair of asphalt and TPO roofing systems.
- Install sheet metal flashings
- Apply waterproof coatings to concrete or other masonry surfaces below or above ground level
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures, complying with company standards and industry regulations
- Work as a vital part of a well knowledgeable team in order to make sure that all work is completed in a timely manner
- Minimum 1 year of experience with SBS, TPO, PVC, EPDM, or T+G
- First Aid and Fall Protection (will be provided if you do not have them)
- Exceptional service skills with the ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with internal and external contacts
- Excellent organizational skills, with a demonstrated ability to handle a high volume of work with a calm demeanor during peak periods; ability to multitask
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail
- Exceptional listening, time-management, and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as an essential part of a positive team with an aptitude for working in a collegial and collaborative environment
- Ability to interpret drawings and plans
- Ability to walk, bend, kneel, and stand for extended periods
- Ability to work at height for long hours
- Ability to lift heavy equipment and work in confined spaces
- Valid driver’s license an asset
- Personal hand tools an asset
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $20.00-$30.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Are you able to reliably commute or relocate to Kelowna, BC for this job?
- Roofing: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person