At Lowe’s Canada, over 26,000 employees let their passion blossom every day. Our teams are driven by the desire to help people bring their projects to life and are committed to making a difference in the communities we serve.
We operate or service some 470 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighbourhood hardware stores to big box stores, our Lowe’s, RONA, Reno-Depot, and Dick’s Lumber banners are always looking for dedicated employees to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
You’ve got the talent? We’ve got the tools! Here, your work and ideas will contribute to building a flourishing organization. Your voice will always be heard and valued. You’ll find career opportunities that live up to your ambitions and be able to further develop your unique set of skills.
So if you’re looking to do what you love, and to grow and evolve within our family—one of the best employers in Canada according to a recent Forbes survey—we could be perfect for each other.
Your role :
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Actively strives to increase product knowledge, understand application and improve selling skills by participating in information meetings, department meetings, reading product literature, and attending seminars.
- Assists customers with their information/product requirements in the store or over the telephone. Through effective questioning and listening techniques, identifies and qualifies customer requirements. Provides appropriate information on suggested products and alternatives explaining features and benefits and providing application advice as required. Suggests add-ons to complete the sale.
- Process the sale as per policy, locates product on the computer, checks to ensure stock availability and to confirm next available delivery date.
- Keeps current on flyer and promotional events. Provides information and locates promotional products for customers as required. Provides information on special services such as carpentry schools, deck schools, in-store demos, and help sheets.
- Prepares special orders, obtains the required information and specifications from customer, contacts Special Order Purchaser to establish and confirm price and available delivery date. Applies the appropriate mark-up and informs customer of the amount required for deposit. Forwards paperwork to the Special Order Purchaser for follow up.
### Job Requirements
The qualifications we are looking for :
- Position requires in-depth product and application knowledge in area of expertise and a general knowledge of store products.
- Position requires effective selling skills and a commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- Position requires good communication and interpersonal skills to be able to assess customer requirements and make recommendations.
- Position requires some experience in a customer-focused role
- Position requires a good working knowledge of RONA’s systems and procedures.
- Position requires some knowledge of local building code regulations as they pertain to product application.
- Position requires individual to actively work to increase product knowledge, understand application and/or renovation techniques and improve selling skills by participating in weekly information meetings, department meetings, reading product literature and attending seminars.
Your benefits of working for Lowe’s Canada:
By joining the Lowe’s Canada family, you’ll enjoy many benefits, such as:
- An inclusive and safe working environment
- Promotion of work-life balance
- Exclusive employee discounts
- Benefits: insurance (certain conditions apply), annual salary review, etc.
- Opportunities for advancement within the company
- An employer that’s involved in the community
- Teamwork and ongoing training
- A comprehensive training program for all new hires
- A company discount on store merchandise
- A student incentive program
- And much more!
The masculine generic is used without discrimination and only in order to simplify the text. Lowe’s Canada is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent