We are seeking a Manager to lead the Mission Assurance/Quality Assurance (MA/QA) team under the direction of the Senior Manager of MA/QA. The Manager, Quality Assurance will ensure that customer expectations and end-user objectives are satisfied, while leading a team of professionals to ensure the successful integration and execution of Raytheon/ELCAN policies, processes and procedures.
Working as a trusted partner within the business, this position will engage on both a tactical and strategic level, focusing on quality, cost and schedule performance, this means early engagement, and providing a differentiating quality value to all stakeholders. The Manager, Quality Assurance will be responsible for leadership and support on all matters pertaining to MA/QA; accountabilities will include satisfactory resourcing, technical quality and achievement of the departmental, business’s goals and AOP targets. The successful candidate will be responsible for quality of delivered products and services to the Customer, management of Quality risks and opportunities, leadership in resolution issues and successful management of Customer expectations and relationships as related to MA/QA.
- Key member of the Mission Assurance leadership team reporting to the Senior Manager of QA/MA, ensuring successful program performance by ensuring conforming products and services through effective collaboration, compliance to processes and procedures
- Lead/facilitate integration and execution of the team of Quality professionals in order to meet the organization’s needs
- Work collaboratively with customers to ensure alignment and ensure customer requirements are met
- Facilitate effective root cause analysis and corrective actions including actions to prevent reoccurrence
- Lead QA/MA efforts for program bids and proposals
- Drive compliance with the Raytheon Quality Management System while driving continuous improvement
- Responsible for the leadership and management of the Quality Assurance functions within a technically complex structure ensuring that all stakeholder’s needs are met or exceeded in the areas of EHSS, Cost, Quality, and Continuous Improvement
- Work with the greater team in developing Quality Assurance strategy with execution through planning, cost reductions, and meeting or exceeding the established key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Employ best practices and methodology; 6 Sigma tools, VAVE, TQM, and other management strategies to achieve goals and continuously improve systems, processes and develop staff.
- Prepare departmental budget (expense and capital), and meet or exceed the financial expectations
- Track and report out on KPI’s including analysis and corrective/improvement activities
Technical Requirements we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or related technical discipline preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in a Quality discipline with a minimum 5 years in a Quality leadership role
- Experience with Quality systems such as ISO 9001, AS9100, AS9102,
- Experience driving successful performance of major subcontractors and suppliers
- Ability to obtain Canadian Secret (or higher) clearance
- Hands on experience in an integrated Quality approach utilizing 6 Sigma tools and methodology; problem solving, lean manufacturing, continuous improvement
- Aptitude and experience in data collection, analysis, reporting, budgeting along with project and business plan development and management.
- Skills: Strong communication skills with the ability to act as both a strategic and tactical leader. Able to evaluate alternatives, establish priorities, and formulate decisions that affect all aspects of the operation. Able to establish clear support for long term best practice behaviors while recognizing the short term need to bring others with you on the vision of a highly reliable operation.
- Management Skills: Able to hire, plan, listen, organize, set department objectives, interpret, provide work direction, coach, counsel, train and conduct performance reviews. Ability to influence others indirectly, team members, peers and support resources. A leader by behavior and action. Strong business acumen with the ability to see larger business objective and translate into functional strategies and tactics.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
We offer a competitive compensation package inclusive of incentive program and company pension plan.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), Raytheon ELCAN Optical Technologies will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability – related accommodations, please contact Human Resources. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality Related: 10 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)