Foyer Richelieu Welland
About the Foyer Richelieu Welland
Foyer Richelieu Welland is a non-profit long-term care facility located in Welland, Ontario, in the Niagara Peninsula that specializes in improving the quality of life for people living with chronic diseases.
The ideal candidate will have well developed accounting skills and the ability to meet very specific and legislated deadlines. As a member of our management team, the CFO will work with the team for the financial well-being of our home, the benefit of our staff, and ultimately, the best care for our residents.
As CFO, you will lead activities in the administrative area and answer directly to the Chief Executive Director.
- Develop and prepare operating and capital budgets
- Develop and produce statistical and analysis reports
- Coordinate and monitor funding from the province and make reconciliation statements
- Monitor banking services
- Monitor and coordinate the human resources function
- Coordinate resident financial services
- Participate in continuous evaluation and continuous improvement of quality
- Staff supervision
- Sitting on the Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee
- Participates in ONA and CUPE labor negotiations
- Participation in external organizations
Any combination of education and experience providing the skills and knowledge required for successful performance will be considered
- Current registration as a student or professional designation completed as CPA, Chartered Accountant or Certified General Accountant or Certified Management Accountant with a professional association.
- At least five (5) years of administrative experience in a management position in accounting and financial management, preferably in the not-for-profit health care sector, with a focus on finance and technology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and practices of financial/business systems; payroll system and reporting; administration of employee benefits; accounts payable and receivable; and administration including budgeting, general accounting, fiscal analysis; preparation of financial statements/reports; and financial/administrative controls.
- Thorough understanding of public sector funding, operating and reporting procedures under applicable laws and regulations, including, but not limited to, applicable laws and regulations of the Province of Ontario which are related to this Corporation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computerized office systems, internal control procedures and operating systems and software interfaces; specifically in Sage Simply Accounting, Staff Schedule Care payroll software, Point Click Care and the Microsoft Suite.
- Experience in managing a team
- Excellent communication skills in French and English
- Attention to detail and high precision
- Solid analysis and problem solving
- Excellent understanding of audit processes and collaboration with external partners
- Develop a sense of judgment and decision-making
- Well-developed project management capabilities
- Effective leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Very effective organizational skills
- Computer literacy, including the ability to use and manage computerized financial, payroll and HR information systems, spreadsheets and word processing programs, as well as electronic messaging at a very competent level.
Foyer Richelieu promotes a “commitment to care” that includes an environment that is supportive, team-oriented, and resident focused. The successful candidate will be offered a competitive compensation package including benefits and a pension plan.
Foyer Richelieu is an employer that guarantees equal opportunities and is engaged in an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment process. If contacted for this job opportunity, please indicate if you require accommodation. We thank all applicants for their interests. However, we will only contact the selected candidates.
Interested candidates should send their CV with confidence to
655 Tanguay Avenue
Welland Ontario L3B 6A1
Job Type: Full-time
- Financial Reporting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Welland, ON (Preferred)
- CPA, Chartered Accountant or Certified General Accountant (Preferred)
- French and English (Required)