The Journeyman Refrigeration Technician is responsible for the service and maintenance of various residential and commercial properties throughout the greater Edmonton area. The technician will work closely with the Service and Project Manager to ensure all deficiencies are caught and reported in the log books and into the software system. The Technician will carry out service calls and preventative maintenance plans to ensure better efficiency and longer lifespans on the client’s applicable equipment.
- Diagnose and repair issues with residential air conditioners and other related equipment
- Diagnose and repair issues with commercial Chillers, Cooling Towers, A/C systems, MUA’s, RTU’s, Hydronic Equipment and other related equipment.
- Understand and be accountable for the performance and maintenance of mechanical systems throughout the greater Edmonton area
- Understand and be able to complete residential hot water tank and furnace replacements.
- Sheet Metal experience will be considered a strong asset * Perform maintenance, servicing, and cleaning on all equipment, including filling out log books and reporting all deficiencies found
- Recharge systems with refrigerant, check and test regulators, calibrate systems and perform routine maintenance.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance
- Perform routine and emergency maintenance of HVAC units and associated components
- Keep detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation.
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology, compliance and repair techniques
- Understand and be accountable for the performance and maintenance of the mechanical systems throughout the greater Edmonton area
- Understand and use our current software program while completing required tasks on assigned tablet
- Refrigeration Technician Journeyman Certificate or equivalent
- Strong working knowledge of refrigerant systems and make-up air units
- Mechanical and Sheet Metal knowledge an asset
- Excellent organizational and communication skills including both oral and written
- Experience with high-pressure work environments and proven time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and independent environment with minimal supervision
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and email
- Basic technology skills including smart phones and tablets
- Ability to be on call at various times in the month
- Great benefits after 90 days
- Competitive Wages
- Bonus pay for being on call on the weekend
- Company Cell Phone
- Company Vehicle
Job Type: Full-time