Capital Power (TSX:
CPX) is dedicated to delivering Responsible Energy for Tomorrow. Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, we’re a growth-oriented North American power producer that creates dependable, cost-effective and innovative electricity solutions to power a sustainable future.
As a group of experts and innovators in our field, we’re taking a leadership role in developing renewables, improving thermal generation efficiency and supporting the development of carbon capture, utilization and storage (CCUS) solutions to support a low-carbon energy system.
Join us in powering a clean energy future!
One Permanent, Full-Time Position.
Capital Power Corporation is currently seeking an innovative and results-oriented individual to join our Information Services team.
R eporting to the Manager, ERP Business Solutions, you will support a diverse set of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) applications (Oracle eBusiness Suite, Oracle Primavera P6, Oracle Primavera Unifier, Hyperion Planning and Strategic Finance) used by multiple business areas including Finance, Supply Chain, Human Resources, Payroll, Construction and Engineering, and others. You are committed to continuous learning, are able adapt to business and technology changes and work collaboratively with business stakeholders and your team.
Key accountabilities include:
- Provide highly responsive customer-focused application support for multiple business areas and product offerings
- React with appropriate urgency to troubleshoot and resolve technical and/or functional issues of varying criticality
- Manage multiple assignments and deliverables in a fast-paced environment. Be a self-starter who can work independently and resourcefully.
- Understand business needs and processes and translate them into efficient and cost-effective solutions that provide business value and meet strategic goals while avoiding negative impacts to any peer application or functionality
- Develop and execute test cases and plans, both manual and automated, including the coordination of user acceptance testing with business stakeholders.
- Understand and follow professional IT practices within a given Systems Delivery Life Cycle. Ensure delivery is to a commercial standard of quality with respect to:
o Source control management
- Collaborate with vendor support as appropriate to resolve issues; keep pace with industry standards in best practices for an Oracle ERP environment.
- University degree in Computer Science or diploma equivalent in Computing Science, Computer System Technology, or a degree or diploma in a related field with equivalent experience
Broad techno-functional experiences in a variety of business processes make you well-suited to this role:
- 3+ years’ experience with design, development, maintenance and support of large-scale Enterprise applications with 2+ years supporting an enterprise scale ERP system – preference given to Oracle EBS 12.x experience.
- 2+ years providing technical or functional support of system integrations/interfaces - preferably for an enterprise grade COTS business product
- Experience with procedural programming languages such as Oracle PL/SQL or Microsoft T-SQL in supporting medium to complex integrations/interfaces
- Progressive experiences in a complex business process environment, providing or supporting integrated solutions for one or more of finance, supply chain, projects or human resources
- Experience in process analysis, gathering, interpreting, and documenting business requirements, and mapping of this analysis toward business solutions
- Experience with one or more of the following applications is considered an asset; Oracle eBusiness Suite, Hyperion Planning, Primavera Unifier, Primavera P6 and long-term financial planning applications
- Business Intelligence acumen as an analyst or solution developer is an asset.
Your diverse experiences have developed an array of hard and soft skills that will be applicable to this role:
- Superior customer relationship skills, excellent oral and written communication, demonstrated responsiveness and teamwork skills, analytical thinking, problem solving, and planning skills are required.
- Procedural programming (Pl/SQL or T-SQL) skills and preferably one or more of the following application technologies, tools or frameworks:
o Oracle Applications Framework (OAF)
o Oracle Forms
o Oracle Workflow Builder
o XML Publisher
o REST/SOAP Web Services
- Advocate for industry standard Systems Delivery Life Cycles (SDLC) and Change Management methodologies - both classic and agile, as well as clear understanding of and advocacy for ITIL frameworks.
Hours of Work:
37.5 hours per week, 7.5 hours per day
CSU52 - IT2
Starting at $52.19
Capital Power employees are eligible for a $1,000 Referral Reward for this position!
In order to be considered for this role you must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
We’re committed to providing a meaningful work experience that challenges you to be your best at every stage of your career with us. You will be empowered to take on opportunities you never though you would. We offer a highly flexible benefits and wellness program, comprehensive onboarding and training, and various development opportunities to support your success and personal growth.
We’re passionate about our employees and proud to foster a culture that values diversity; realizing an inclusive and diverse team is paramount to help grow our company and power the future. We’re proud to foster an environment where employees go home safe every day feeling physically, emotionally and financially supported.