VG Meats is a farm to fork meat company constantly striving to do better as an industry and community. The four brothers have been raised in the industry and will find improvements to traditional methods that are good for the environment, the producers, employees, and consumers. We make positive changes by focusing on our customer's wants and needs while developing the careers of the employees and giving the farmers a steady sales avenue for their products.
The Big Picture
VG Meats believes that people are critical to its success. The staff will create the win/win scenarios that help the company and employees move forward in life and in business. It is believed that the successful employee will seek out improvements to the processing activities that will improve profits for the company and compensation for the employee.
Brief Job Description:
The individual selected for this position will learn the day to day basics of a meat facility operation while being trained on simple meat cuts. Once eye-hand coordination is identified; the more senior butchers will begin to provide butchery training.
Detailed Job Description:
- Work in a team setting to cut, package and label a wide variety of products to customers specifications.
- Work in a clean and organized manner.
- Complete sanitation steps regularly.
- Learn and improve on meat processing steps.
- Learn knife skills
- Work safely
- Heavy lifting
- Physically demanding
- On your feet all-day
- Work in a cold environment
- Able to work with meat and spice
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Respects authority and able to take instruction
- Embraces hard work
- Math skills
- Previous experience is an asset but not required
Job Type: Full-time
- Butchering: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)