The successful candidate will have excellent computer skills and portray a high level of professionalism. Duties include answering telephones, responding to public inquiries, typing, preparing spreadsheets, filing, copying, document preparation and meeting coordination. You will be a team player, working closely with the Administration and Finance teams to provide assistance with projects including work of a highly confidential nature. You must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, a pleasant telephone manner and be well organized.
- Minimum of two (2) year’s office experience, preferably in a health, seniors, or housing field.
- Formal office/administrative training/courses.
- Basic IT skills and knowledge is required.
- Proficient typing and computer skills – Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, Publisher, Power Point.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and be flexible in performing responsibilities both independently and within a team environment.
- Genuine interest and empathy for seniors and others in need.
This position offers:
- Wage Rate: Start $ 21.65
- Tuesday - Friday (8:30 AM – 4:30 PM)
- 60 Hours bi-weekly
All Homeland Housing Properties are non-smoking facilities.
Job Type: Temporary Part-time to end on or before August 10, 2019
Closing Date: May 28, 2019
Competition: # HH-HR-REQ 1131
Criminal record check will be required for the successful candidate.
Only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
- customer service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Morinville, AB (Preferred)