Mine Cable Services Corporation is a Canadian owned manufacturing and service company operating in the mining, oil & gas, container port, and forestry operation sectors domestically and internationally with a primary focus on high voltage electrical cable connections, repairs, and safety equipment. Our head office and primary manufacturing facility is located in Edmonton, Alberta, with additional facilities in British Columbia and Panama.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the operations of persons responsible for accounts receivables, accounts payables, benefits and payroll, daily entries in a supportive and empowering manner
- This position is responsible for handling corporate tax, GST, PST, source deduction, WCB and other monthly/annual government remittances
- This position is responsible for managing corporate liability and vehicle insurances
- General ledger review and account reconciliations for multiple bank and visa accounts, CAD and USD currencies, completed in a timely manner with accuracy
- Completing wire transfers and similar through secured banking channels as directed
- Prepare weekly and quarterly financial reports for analysis by Director of Finance, Senior Management, and the Board of Directors
- Identify issues, errors, discrepancies and make corrective actions in a supportive and empowering manner
- Month end reporting and processes
- Year end reporting and processes. Liaise with accounting firm regarding corporate taxes and fiscal year end activities
- Monitors, enforces, and implements financial policies and procedures according to CICA Handbook and ASPE with a high regard for ethics
- Additional tasks as assigned by Director of Finance and Senior Management (CEO, COO).
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- University degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance with a CPA designation (CA, CGA, CMA, CPA)
- Extensive experience in the manufacturing industry
- 2-5 years progressively responsible experience in full cycle accounting with at least 3 years in management
- Extensive experience and knowledge in dealing with accounting systems, budgets, internal controls, and ERP systems. Experience with the process of ERP system implementation an asset.
- Advanced proficiency with Sage Quantum accounting software, Microsoft office programs including Word, Excel, and electronic email.
Desired Personal Attributes & Character:
- Able to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, including correct grammar and spelling. Proficiency in Spanish is an asset, but not required.
- Strong problem solving skills, accounting principles and ethics, discretion, multi-tasking skills, data analysis and interpretation skills for accuracy
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills. Positive attitude and respect for others with the ability to work within a team while leading for excellence.
Please submit your resume via email as shown. We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only candidates we have chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Reference ID: Senior Financial Accountant
Application deadline: 2020-09-25
Expected start date: 2020-10-05
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- progressively responsible: 3 years (Required)