Audit and Evaluation
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak):
$74852.60 to $93565.75
Temporary Full Time
We’re not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™)
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
This position reports to the Audit and Compliance team in our Office of the VP, Audit and Evaluation.
We are looking to fill various temporary full time positions with a duration up to 12 months.
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. In this role, supporting the Audit Senior Managers, you will be responsible for leading and participating in all phases of internal audit projects and quality assurance initiatives. Your diversified and valued experience with evaluating and improving the effectiveness of governance, risk management and controls will help to deliver high quality impactful audits across the corporation that will help us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
What you will need
- A Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years internal audit and/or risk management experience, or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in assessments or audits of governance, risk management and controls in the financial services/capital markets/insurance industries.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Ability to research issues, analyse problems, synthesize information and make recommendations.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written).
- Ability to apply tact and discretion in dealing with sensitive issues.
- Knowledge and experience in using analytical auditing procedures, including available technological tools (e.g. Excel, SAS and audit management software tools such as TeamMate).
- A Professional Designation in Accounting (CPA (CA, CMA, CGA)), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Financial Risk Manager (FRM), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or other relevant licence, designation, or certificate would be an asset.
- Knowledge and experience in the application of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) and Canadian Auditing Standards would be an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of a Risk Based Audit Plan and in the delivery of an Internal Audit Quality Assurance and Improvement Program would be an asset.
What you will be doing
- Leading audit teams and communicating with team members and clients, including supervising and reviewing the work of team members to ensure that high quality project results are provided on a timely basis.
- Developing audit plans for complex audit projects including risk assessments, audit objectives, criteria, project management plans and detailed audit programs to ensure the scope of the audit focuses on key areas of risk.
- Collecting, analyzing and evaluating information to achieve the project objectives.
- Using analytical auditing procedures, including available technological tools (e.g., Excel, SAS, audit management software, etc.), in examining and evaluating information.
- Consulting with clients at appropriate levels during the audit to ensure a common understanding of the facts and the recognition of major observations.
- Preparing draft audit reports supported by appropriate evidence and debriefing clients and senior management on audit results.
- Following up and validating the implementation of action plans to address audit recommendations.
- Supporting the development of the Risk Based Audit Plan.
- Actively participating in the Internal Audit Quality Assurance and Improvement Program (QAIP).
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date:
Note, the competition may remain active until filled.
Job Requisition ID:
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.