We are currently looking for an success driven Staff Accountant to join our client’s growing business in Ottawa, for a up to 4 month contract.
In this role, you will be responsible for the Staff Accountant duties that will include:
The ideal Staff Accountant will have:
- Preparation of regular external filings such as HST, WSIB & payroll;
- Account reconciliation and bookkeeping tasks following established processes;
- Performing audit work for clients;
- Preparation of T4, T5’s, Personal Income Tax Returns (T1, terminal, T3 & T5), charitable tax returns;
- Analyzing accounts up to trial balance and preparing reconciliations;
- Communicating with CRA on behalf of clients.
- Strong customer service skills and a positive, can-do attitude;
- University degree or college diploma in accounting or business administration;
- 1-2 years CPA (CA, CGA, CMA) designation or working towards designation would be an asset;
- Previous experience with Caseware and Profile would be an asset;
- Strong communication skills;
- Knowledge with not-for-profit tax filling;
- Advanced level Excel skills.
If this sounds like you or someone you know, please apply today!