School Administrator, The Oxford School (www.theoxfordschool.ca)
The School Administrator will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Head of School with responsibilities for school families and system portfolios. Will assist in operating the school as efficiently as possible by helping staff provide quality education to our students.
We are seeking a dynamic, exemplary administrative professional with a willingness to continue to develop and grow.
Daily attendance management administration.
Coordinate coverage (internal and external) for Faculty absences via internal on-calls or organizing external supply teacher coverage of classes.
Provide ongoing administrative support to the Head of School and Director of Admissions as required.
Daily reception coverage (before school and during lunch) and back up coverage during absences (i.e. sick and vacation days) of other team members.
Support the coordination of School opening & closings including supply ordering, logistics, etc.
Assist with organization and preparation for special events (e.g. Parent-Teacher Interviews).
Ad hoc special projects or assignments as assigned by the Senior Administrator Coordinator
Bring new ideas and best practices to continuously improve administrative systems and processes.
Other duties as required.
· Administrative support for system portfolio tasks
· Tracks budget for portfolio
· Responding to parent calls.
· Preparation of report cards / correspondence to families
· Liaising with school staff
· Coordinating and facilitating meetings
· Recording of meeting minutes
· Coordinating and prioritizing tasks on an ongoing basis
· Management of social media
· Responding to inquiries in a confidential, professional and timely manner
· Collaboration with departmental and interdepartmental colleagues
· Managing and filing of electronic and paper records
· Secondary School Graduation Diploma
· Relevant post-secondary diploma
· Highly proficient in Google Workspace/Suite for Education and able to learn and employ new technology
· Three (3) years of experience in an equivalent role.
· Strong customer service focus and work ethic.
· Proven ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Attention to detail and accuracy.
· Professional and able to handle confidential matters with tact and discretion.
Please apply in writing, or email along with three (3) references who will not be contacted without permission to:
Adam de Pencier
Head of School
The Oxford School
595459 Oxford Road
Contract length: 10 months
Expected start date: 2021-09-07
Job Types: Full-time, Contract