Are you passionate about working with seniors
and providing them with outstanding service?
Are you looking to join a team of passionate,
dedicated people who strive to be the best in the industry?
Then this opportunity is for you!
Our valued client is seeking a:
Food Services and Nutrition Manager - Scarborough, Ontario to join their team!
Our valued client is a not for profit home that is committed to delivering an exceptional experience to their residents within a 100 bed retirement home and 32 bed long term care home.
This home serves the community by providing high quality care and facilities to the residents through a multidisciplinary, resident focused, preventative and restorative approach to care and services.
Our client is looking for a results oriented and responsible leader who is a team player and has a vision and desire to proactively transform the Resident experience in the context of continuous quality improvement in all areas of food service, increased customization, and a consistent “WOW” experience that will be a key measure of ultimate success.
The Food Services & Nutrition Manager leads and overseas all aspects of nutritional care and the dietary department within the home to meet the nutritional needs of its primarily Estonian residents and to ensure the effective and efficient preparation and delivery of food to the residents within legislative and budgetary constraints, but with a high emphasis on quality, variety, and responsiveness to increasing expectations by both residents and the community it serves.
- Supervise the preparation of meals and refreshments following specified menus and standardized recipes
- Assist the CEO to ensure that the facility-wide Multidisciplinary Quality Assurance Program is implemented and ongoing
- Follow infection control procedures
- Ensure compliance with all Long-Term Care and RHRA regulations
- Work with and responds to Ministry of Health personnel, Public Health personnel and any other government body
- Maintain and promote a positive team spirit within the department and the Home
- Select, orientate, supervise, and evaluate the operations of the Dietary staff (including annual performance reviews)
- Ensure dietary staff compliance with policies and procedures, including safety and sanitation rules and safe working practices
- Monitor and document all low and moderate risk resident’s nutritional status quarterly
- Consult with Dietitian as necessary
- Arrange staff coverage and scheduling changes following established procedures
- Maintain excellent labour management relations and assist in Union matters related to grievance and other procedures
- Visit with new resident/family within 72 hours of admission
- Participate in resident’s care conferences as necessary
- Counsel residents or family members in the absence of a dietitian as necessary on therapeutic diets
- Attend Resident's committee meetings as required
- Ensure residents’ input with menu choices and works together with the residents on satisfying those requests
- Ensure maintenance of operational records (i.e. menus, production sheets, food temperatures and refrigerator and freezer temperatures) as required
- Ensure all Dietary employees are informed of hazards in the department
- Conduct monthly inspection of the department to identify/resolve any potential hazards
- Responsible for purchasing, receiving, storing and controlling all departmental supplies, which may include inventory controls
- Research, evaluate, and recommend changes to Kitchen infrastructure and layout that would improve food quality and efficiency
- Oversee catering services for all scheduled ancillary Home functions/Special Events
- Attend all pertinent in-services, community educational sessions and other necessary training sessions as provided including computer updates and applications
- Ongoing communication with residents, family members, and staff regarding department activities
- Perform other duties as are necessary and appropriate
- Proven ability to lead successful change and improved outcomes
- At least three years of food service management experience in a retirement home, long-term care, or hotel/hospitality setting.
- Be a member in the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management or a member of the College of Dietitians of Canada
- Knowledge of the Ontario Food Premises Regulation, Ontario Regulation 79/10 made under the Long Term Care Homes Act, 2013, and the OH&S Act
- Strong leadership, supervisory, and team building skills
- Knowledge of nutritional needs of the elderly
- Experience using Point Click Care (PCC) system
- A creative flair for menu planning, preparation and presentation
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal and interpersonal
- Experience in large quantity food preparation, financial planning and food purchasing
- Great computer skills and are proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- The ability to work and communicate effectively with geriatric residents
- Effective team player who works well with others
- Positive attitude
- Experience in Eastern European style food service expectations, a unionized Long Term Care or Retirement Residence setting (is preferred)
- Excellent compensation package and full benefits package designed to attract star performers
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience, please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
Job Type: Full-time
- food service management (retirement home, Long Term Care): 3 years (Required)
- Member of Canadian Society of Nutrition Management (Preferred)
- Member of College of Dietitians of Canada (Preferred)