The Children’s Museum exists to spark kids’ creative learning. As a non-profit charitable organization, we believe in the potential of all children and provide an interactive learning environment that nurtures the power of imagination and spirit of self-discovery.
The Gallery Attendant is responsible for providing exemplary customer service to all museum visitors and guests. The Gallery Attendant will focus on ensuring that the museum is presentable, clean, and welcoming to our guests. Reporting to the Visitor Experience Coordinators and supporting the Guest Services Interpreters, Gallery Attendants help to ensure that all museum guests and visitors have a positive experience.
Department: Visitor Experience (Guest Services)
Reports To: Visitor Experience Coordinators
Hours: 7 – 30 hours weekly (evening and weekend availability required)
Wage: $11.35 – $11.85 per hour
· Maintaining operational standards in the museum and galleries 50%
· Providing customer service and assistance to all guests and visitors 25%
· Providing assistance to the Guest Services Interpreters in regards to the museum’s
rental programs and birthday parties 20%
· Other duties as assigned 5%
- Experience in a customer service role
- Experience in working with children
- Experience in commercial cleaning
- Completion of High School
- Ability to effectively communicate in an enthusiastic and engaging manner with children and adults in a non-traditional educational environment
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity to working with staff, volunteers, and other stakeholders with a wide variety of needs
- Ability to work in both official languages an asset
- Applicant must demonstrate acceptable results on a Police Information/Vulnerable Sector Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check. Checks must be received in advance of start date.
- Friday, May 24th, 2019 at 6:00pm
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $11.35 to $11.85 /hour
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)