Since our creation in 2015, Aquado has offered swimming lessons at home as well as a surveilling service in residential and commercial pools in partnership with the Canadian Red Cross and the Lifesaving Society. Aquado is expanding across the province and to date we have offered over 60,000 swimming lessons and 5,000 hours of supervision.
Aquado is a close-knit team that promotes collaboration, originality and surpassing oneself. Are you a dynamic person, passionate about swimming and teaching, who has an unparalleled sense of customer service, in addition to having the desire to make a difference on a daily basis? This job is for you!
*Working at Aquado is:
- The chance to work for young entrepreneurs who are attentive to their employees and to new ideas.
- The opportunity to work collaboratively and develop new skills
- The opportunity to contribute to the expansion of a small business
- The opportunity to be part of a young, dynamic and motivated team
- 1 day off for the whole team, every month, for team building events
The at-home swimming instructor will move independently from one home to another, by bike or by car, and will have to teach swimming to swimmers of all ages (4 months and over) and of all levels (apprentice swimmer to advanced) who will wait impatiently by their residential above ground or inground pool.
- Offer private and semi-private swimming lessons focused on achieving goals and having fun.
- Adapt to the needs and interests of each swimmer
- Establish a relationship of trust with swimmers and their parents
- Fill in the swimmers progress book and explain to them (to them and their parents) their progress, at the end of each course
- Offer an out of water course focused on water safety and first aid in the event of inadequate bathing conditions
- Water Safety Instructor (WSI), up to date
- National Lifeguard (NL), up to date
- Standard First-aid/AE, up to date
- Master the progression steps of all swimming styles
- Work experience: Minimum 1 to 2 years as WSI
- Education: High school or college diploma (CEGEP or university)
- Good French and English spoken and written
- Interpersonal skills and sense of customer service
- Creativity and adaptability
Conditions of employment :
- Seasonal position (June to September), in addition to the possibility of working during the year*
- Part-time or full-time (up to 30 hours of lessons per week, excluding travel time between lessons)
- Flexible and variable lesson schedule (day, evening and weekend) depending on the instructor's availability
- Work area: assigned as close as possible to the instructor's home
- Monetary compensation for travel between customers
- Work environment: residential pools of different types, most often inground, heated and outdoors.
* It is now possible to work year-round with us : )
Heures à temps partiel : 15 - 35 par semaine
Type d'emploi : Temps Plein, Temps Partiel, Permanent
Salaire : 19,00$ à 21,00$ /heure
- Water Safety Instructor (WSI): 1 an (Requis)
Certificats et autres accréditations:
- WSI, NL and Standard First-Aid (Requis)