Media Relations/Franchise Sales Job Description
We are seeking to hire a Media Relations/Franchise Sales specialist who will be responsible for building and maintaining a positive image for our company. You will be in charge of establishing and maintaining relationships with consumer, community, employee, franchisee and public interest groups by; writing press releases and other media communications, responding to requests for information and press conferences, as well as coaching franchisee representatives in the correct way of communicating with the public and with clients.
You will also be the front line of our franchise sales efforts, answering and responding to phone calls and email requests for information about purchasing a franchise from us.
To be successful in this role, you will need a deep understanding of consumer marketing. You will also need excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Media Relations Responsibilities:
- Responding to requests for information release or press conference from the media or designating a spokesperson or source of information.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with consumer, community, employee, and public interest groups.
- Writing press releases and other media communications to promote clients.
- Planning or directing the development of programs to maintain favourable public and stakeholder views of the organization's agenda and accomplishments.
- Coaching new franchisees in effective communication with the public and employees.
- Studying the organization's objectives, promotional policies, and needs to build public relations strategies that influence public opinion and promote our franchise brand across North America.
- Preparing and editing organizational publications, including employee newsletters or stakeholders' reports, for internal and external audiences.
- Updating and maintaining franchise Web content.
- Conferring with managers to identify trends and group interests and providing advice on business decisions.
- Collaborate with internal teams (e.g. marketing) and maintain open communication with senior management
- Edit and update promotional material and publications (brochures, videos, social media posts etc.)
- Creating or supplying calendar to content team for on-trend, relevant, and compelling social media status updates and blogs with links to products or promotions.
Franchise Sales Responsibilities:
- Responding to requests for information from potential franchisees
- Providing information on franchise location availability to potential new franchisees
- Screening potential new franchisees before handing off to the company founder for the rest of the sales process
- Answer any questions potential franchisees have about our business model
Media Relations Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in journalism, PR, marketing or related field.
- Experience handling a press conference.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to pitch to media.
- Knowledge of consumer marketing.
- An ability to work on big strategy plans as well as day-to-day tasks.
- Ability to think both creatively and strategically.
- Ability to run PR campaigns that deliver measurable results and meet objectives.
- Deadline-oriented, inquisitive, with great follow-up and reporting skills.
- Creativity in securing coverage and buzz with traditional outlets.
- Understanding of social media and solid experience working with bloggers.
- Project and budget management skills.
- Responds well under pressure with strict time limit.
- Quick and enthusiastic learner.
Job Type: Full-time
- Public Relations: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)