G&L Group is seeking an Equipment Operator to safely and efficiently operate equipment such as excavators, front-end loaders, track dozers and specialized material processing equipment.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday – may be required to work shifts/weekends and/or evenings. Overtime necessary during peak periods and when workload necessitates.
- Communicate with the dispatch/order desk to receive product specifications; plan for material production and execute product distribution.
- Organize and maintain an unobstructed work area and safely operate all machinery/equipment.
- Perform pre-operational checks on all machinery and equipment to ensure it is in proper working condition.
- Perform basic machine adjustments, maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs.
- Work well independently and as part of a team.
- 1 + year experience as a Heavy Equipment Operator
- Ability to communicate efficiently and act in a professional and courteous manner.
- Exercise regular visual concentration in the use of all equipment and tools.
- Sustain working outdoors and exposure to inclement weather.
- Able to read, write and comprehend English.
- Cultivate an attitude of helpfulness to provide superior customer service.
- Benefit Plan: Medical & Dental, Group Retirement Savings Plan
For over 45 years, the G&L Group, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies has been supplying the materials, manpower and technology needed for building vibrant communities. Today, we proudly serve the construction, landscape and contracting industries with a variety of raw products and related services. Built on a solid foundation of quality and service excellence, we continue to exceed client expectations through innovative products and services. Our goal is simple – to serve our clients with a passion for excellence and a commitment to customer satisfaction.
Through its group of companies, G&L Group encompasses Toronto Redi-Mix, Brock Aggregates, Earthco Soil Mixtures, Draglam Salt, and Draglam Waste & Recycling. G&L Group is the GTA’s only independent construction material supplier to offer this all-inclusive product line.
- RRSP Match
- Dental care
- Vision care
- Extended health care
Job Type: Permanent
- heavy equipment mechanic: 1 year (Preferred)