On behalf of our client, George Derby Centre, we are searching for an Executive Assistant to join their team. George Derby Centre is an award-winning care facility situated in a park-like setting in Burnaby, BC. Through a unique partnership with Veterans Affairs Canada and Fraser Health, they are proud to offer complex care services to their community. Since 1988, George Derby Centre has established itself as a “Centre of Excellence”. This is achieved through the strength of their team members, maintaining a commitment to the Centre’s Mission and Vision, encouraging creative and innovative programs, and continually improving services to meet the needs of the residents with complex care and dementia. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a prestigious organization committed to serving its community through compassionate care, innovation, and excellence.
Supporting the Executive Director, the Executive Assistant will be an integral member of the leadership team upholding George Derby Care Society’s (GDCS)’s Visions, Mission, Philosophy, and established policies and procedures. The successful candidate will be a professional, energized, take-charge individual who possesses exceptional attention to detail, and the ability to multitask and manage interactions with discretion, sensitivity, and empathy.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provides support by drafting correspondence and transcribing and typing correspondence, reports, presentations, and memoranda.
- Researches, organizes, and summarizes support materials. Generates reports and presentations.
- Responds to a variety of internal and external inquiries by serving as the primary point of contact and providing information directly or referring to the appropriate area or individual.
- Manages appointment calendars including scheduling and coordinating meetings, speaking engagements, and/or conferences. Resolves scheduling conflicts and issues.
- Coordinates the workflow within the assigned area. Receives, reviews, and processes information and takes follow-up action as required.
- Develops and implements new work methods and procedures. Identifies problems, develops alternate solutions, and implements changes.
- Assists in the monitoring of expenditures for budget reports by gathering, compiling, and calculating information.
- Arranges meetings as directed. Books and sets up meeting rooms, prepare meeting agenda, organizes meeting materials, records, and prepares minutes of meeting. Conducts or ensures follow-up on action items from meeting.
- Performs record management duties such as setting up and maintaining numeric, alphabetical, and subject filing systems and databases, indexing files and materials to be filed, and conducting file searches for requested information.
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving, and adhering to safety policies in the work environment.
- Performs other related duties.
- Graduation from a recognized administrative or secretarial program, plus recent related experience in a large complex business environment or health care environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- High level of computer skills with Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize and re-prioritize on short notice
- Confident, intuitive, and a positive, supportive personality
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, ability to work well with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders
- Proactive and enthusiastic about delivering positive results
- Possess a “get it done attitude”
This role will appeal to a self-motivated, enthusiastic individual who enjoys being relied upon to get things done, always anticipates what’s needed, and is two steps ahead of the people you support. If interested, kindly forward your resume.
We thank all interested applicants, however; only those selected to move forward will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 per year