South Riverdale Community Health Centre is a non-profit, multi-service organization that provides primary healthcare, social and community outreach services with an emphasis on health promotion and disease prevention primarily to people of East Toronto. Our mission is to improve the lives of people that face barriers to physical, mental, spiritual and social well-being. We do so by meaningfully engaging our clients and communities, ensuring equitable access to primary health care and delivering quality care through a range of evidence informed programs, services and approaches. As a leader in community health, our locally and internationally recognized community services include cutting-edge primary health services, health promotion, harm reduction, environmental health, community food centre and population-based community programs for marginalized peoples. We value health equity and inclusion and respect in our work and in the delivery of our services.
Reporting to the Program Manager, Community Health, the Driver is responsible for safely transporting clients of Harmony Hall Centre for Seniors and partner agencies to appointments, activities or other locations, cleaning and maintaining vehicles. Other duties may include delivery of supplies and materials, assistance with harm reduction outreach driving, or assisting South Riverdale Community Health Centre`s services, programs and sites.
This position is expected to work onsite.
- Provide excellent customer service
- Drive up to 5 clients at a time, some of whom may have an escort, to designated destinations, ensuring their safe and punctual arrival
- Follow the route and schedule as assigned to transport clients from pick-up point to various locations
- Ensure that the vehicle is clean and presentable to clients and the public
- Conduct mandatory daily circle checks on vehicle(s), noting minor and major vehicle defects, topping up vehicle fluids (e.g. gas and windshield wiper fluid) in a timely manner
- Report to supervisor any safety concerns for a client due to their condition or any occupational health and safety concerns resulting from driving a particular client
- Report to supervisor any concerns regarding the condition of the vehicles which may make them unsafe to drive
- Complete all documentation and reports as required by legislation or organizational policies and practices in a timely and efficient manner
- Follow all policies and procedures as required to maintain a healthy and safe working environment
- Support fundraising activities
- All other duties as required
- High school diploma
- Minimum two years’ driving experience
- A class ‘G’, ‘B’ or ‘F’ Ontario Driver’s License with fewer than three demerit points
- Safe and cautious driver
- Commitment to customer service
- Previous experience working with seniors and persons with physical and cognitive disabilities is an asset
- Demonstrated respect for diversity, equity, anti-racism and accessibility with the ability to work collaboratively and positively with others
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Superior interpersonal skills and excellent judgment
- Able to work effectively in a multicultural environment
- Comfortable using technology such as a smartphone and GPS
- Proficiency in the use of computer technology and various software applications
- Experience with harm reduction outreach driving an asset
- Police clearance documentation will be required for employment
- Proof of triple COVID-19 vaccination status will be required for employment
The deadline for applicants is Frriday, June 16, 2023 at 12:00 p.m. (noon).
Please mail in your cover letter and resume in confidence to:
The Hiring Committee – Driver
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON M4M 3P3
Or by email to: [email protected]
Please enter “Driver” in the subject line of your email.
No faxes, phone calls, or requests to meet please.
This is a bargaining unit position with CUPE Local 5399.
SRCHC welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
SRCHC is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SRCHC encourages applicants who are racialized (IBPOC) and/or applicants who face any barriers as a result of systemic discrimination to apply for this position.
SRCHC encourages a scent-free environment. Employees, students, volunteers, and visitors are asked to refrain from wearing fragrances and other scented personal care products (i.e. perfumes, deodorants, lotions, hairspray, etc.) while at the Centre.