Who We Are & What We Do
The Hillman Group services a wide variety of customers in the Automotive, Industrial, Retail and Agricultural channels. We have products in Home Depot, Lowes, Canadian Tire, Walmart and more! Have you ever done any home improvement projects? If so, you likely know our products.
The Hillman Group Canada employs over 700 employees in 2 manufacturing facilities and 7 distribution facilities across Canada. We have a great group of professionals whose dedication and teamwork form the backbone of our company.
Delivering Simple Solutions to a Complex World
Our mission statement is simple, but powerful. As one of the leading providers of hardware solutions, we provide unrivaled merchandising and support to our retail customers to manage critical product lines. Your will have the opportunity to develop relationships that are invaluable to your customers while you enjoy the corporate support of one of the strongest teams in our industry.
Consumer Connected Solutions (CCS) a Division of The Hillman Group has an opening for a Part Time Kiosk Technician in the Hamilton, ON area.
You would begin your career with CCS as a part-time Kiosk Technician servicing 18-25 kiosks between 20 - 25 hours a week with a flexible work schedule. This is an hourly rate with mileage pay. This position will likely transition to Full Time as the territory has planned growth in 2020.
The Consumer Connected Solutions Kiosk Technician is the primary contact with our customer locations. In this role, the Kiosk Tech re-stocks kiosks, orders product, cleans, does preventative maintenance and responds to service and repair dispatches as needed. Typically, this takes about 1-2 hours per machine one to two times per month (including drive time). The schedule for routine service calls (re-stocking, cleaning) is flexible within the week with a list of machines to be serviced provided at the beginning of each week with a “No Later Than” time for service, however Saturday service is sometimes required (We are a retail company). Your schedule is flexible as long as replenishments and repair goals are met.
- Re-stock and perform routine service on kiosks as needed (determined by demand at the machine, or schedule).
- Perform on-call repairs or adjustments to the machine when the machine goes out of order.
- Install of machines in the local area.
- Monitor machines in territory daily for issues and contact stores to resolve connectivity or power issues.
- Keep track of inventory for re-stocking machines that are in the Kiosk Tech’s possession.
- Conduct store meetings and interact with store management on a routine basis to ensure a good working relationship with our clients and promote the machine in order to improve revenue.
- Grow revenue in territory by optimizing machine locations, uptime, product mix, store relationships, etc.
The Kiosk tech will have basic trouble-shooting skills, mechanical and electro-mechanical skills and the ability to follow written and oral instructions very carefully. Basic computer skills and basic spreadsheet and email skills are also required
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in a similar profile is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to deal with customers and employees at all levels.
- Experience with tools and troubleshooting mechanical problems.
- Ability to read, write and speak fluent English to include technical “jargon”.
- Flexible schedule required.
- Must have a vehicle, valid driver’s license and auto insurance. No serious moving violations.
Training specific to the kiosks will be provided to all new employees
The Hillman Group is following CDC guidelines to ensure our work environment meets the highest standards of safety and wellness for all our employees. We are pleased to share a list of our precautions, during our interview process.
If you are interested in joining a fun and collaborative work environment, apply today!
We are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Upon request, we will, in consultation with the applicant, determine the nature of any accommodation that may be required.
The Hillman Group Canada ULC
900 Passmore Ave., Scarborough, ON M1X 0A1 Tel:
(416) 694-3351 hpaulin.com hillmangroup.ca Linkedin.com/company/the-hillman-group/